Author Topic: win32:DYFUCDLDR-F[trjn]  (Read 3404 times)

sas8n

win32:DYFUCDLDR-F[trjn]
« on: April 03, 2004, 04:17:18 PM »
i get this virus everytime i start up my computer and sometimes while i'm on it for a long time :P.i delete it every time!!! I'm not very patient and usually don't take time to read up on the viruses, i figure as long as it's not on fire or even doing much harm, i"ll just take a deep breath and delete the file.This is the virus name "Win32:DyfucDldr-F [Trj]" as it appears,it's attatched to c:\docume~1\s8n\locals~1\temp\optimize.exe.what i wanna know is  WHY? who are these p.o.s who make them up and what purpose does it serve. I have absolutely NOTHING in my system hackers could want, hell i'll give them access to my computer if they just ask. Since i don't use my comp. for work,or paying bills, or anything that has to do with money or personal info it's really just annoying; and if i had the patience and energy and attention span, i might just track these virus making freaks down, and break their feet!!!!!!!!!! :oanyway, avast software works great and i think you guys rock for creating it.Thanx,and please send any help you can,b-4 i get loose from my straight jacket and go SANE ;D.

whocares

Re:win32:DYFUCDLDR-F[trjn]
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 05:07:19 PM »
Hi,

please enter
dyfucdldr
into the board search above.

-> Spybot should help, and securing your IE better should prevent Dyfuc from reappearing

;)

techie101

Re:win32:DYFUCDLDR-F[trjn]
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 05:23:40 PM »
Sas,

You really need to get this problem cleaned out and then put some protection in place.
The infection you mention was added to the Avast database in December of 2003 under update 0403-8.

Trojans by nature can be just spyware to detect where you surf and what you look at while there.  It is a type of profiling to third party vendors.  It is more annoying most of the time.  However, they can be dangerous.  A trojan can take over control of your computer and destroy it, or even worse, automatically pass itself on to those in a mailing list for example.

i get this virus everytime i start up my computer and sometimes while i'm on it for a long time
Trojans can "mutate" which means that even if your AV takes out one, a variant or "mutated" code is borne and you start all over.

I'm not very patient and usually don't take time to read up on the viruses, i figure as long as it's not on fire or even doing much harm, i"ll just take a deep breath and delete the file.
When dealing with "infections", you really need patience and information.  As I have said above, "viruses" can be very dangerous at times.  Even deleting the "file" may not stop the infection from spreading.  Some viruses spread out like a spider web getting way into the computer system leaving you little recourse but to dump the entire core and redo the thing.

This is the virus name "Win32:DyfucDldr-F [Trj]" as it appears,it's attached to c:\docume~1\s8n\locals~1\temp\optimize.exe.
What I would do first is empty the Temp folders, empty temp cookies and history.  This can be done easily from the IE ToolsOptions menu.  

You did not mention what antivirus you use (if any).....
I highly recommend that you use AVAST no matter what other av you now have.

Run a full av scan and then your program (hopefully AVAST) will give you the option to Delete/Move to chest or Repair.  Any one of the options will get you out of hot water.

what i wanna know is  WHY? who are these p.o.s who make them up and what purpose does it serve.
The WHY is simply because they have the knowledge and time to do it.  It serves no other purpose but to be a challenge to most hackers but to others it can be highly malicious such as tapping into personal accounts and financials, distruping communications, and laying waste to corporate systems.

I have absolutely NOTHING in my system hackers could want
That's not the point......Your computer could be used as a remote terminal by a hacker to do the dastardly deed and you won't know it!  This is another way hackers hide their tracks.

If you want to protect your computer, then we here at the forum can make some very good recommendations since at times we too have been there!

You have to let me know if you have an antivirus and firewall in place.

There are also many fine online free scanners you can use.

techie

« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 05:58:57 PM by techie101 »