Author Topic: media player crashes system  (Read 8590 times)

bunk

Re: media player crashes system
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »
Take a look here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/installation.mspx

Then I usually go here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm  and run the clean up scan after i've removed programs. This has to be done from IE......
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:59:14 PM by bunk »

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
Thanks Chim and everyone for ideas, yes that is the problem I am getting, looked in add/remove it is not in there, but still in program files, which it won't let me delete.

So was looking through pc and found Real Player (didn't know I had it) and......
it, rips, burns etc and is far better than WMP so I will use that from now on. :) I just can't get rid of WMP so I guess it will just have to stay there  ;D

Cool!  Good to hear that through some serendipity, you crossed paths with RealPlayer and have now remedied your music enjoyment dilemma, Susz.  Disaster has been averted!   ;D
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »
Take a look here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/installation.mspx

Then I usually go here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm  and run the clean up scan after i've removed programs. This has to be done from IE......

Does the Clean Up Scan work for on Windows 98SE?
And when it finds so-called "Obsolete" Registry Files, is it one of those situations where you really cannot take it at its word that they should be Wiped Out ... but rather, you have to analyze the Registry Files tagged and decide yourself whether it REALLY is obsolete and must go?
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

bunk

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 11:51:20 PM »
I dont think it works on 98 Chim, and it is a good / safe one, it wont remove anything you need. It also sets it's own restore point before removing anything...

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 11:58:21 PM »
I dont think it works on 98 Chim, and it is a good / safe one, it wont remove anything you need. It also sets it's own restore point before removing anything...

Oh well.  Thanks anyway, Bunk.  If I can't get this Windows OneCare Clean Up Scan to work on my Windows 98SE ... I can at least sure go get me something to eat.  So, that's what I'll go do now.   ;D

sopadeajo

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 01:30:31 AM »
Well, Suszannah, it was so obvious to me that Real Player or WinAmp can play music, that i did not even think in saying it; did you like Gilbert O´Sullivan or do  you think he´s toomuch kind of an individualist?

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:46 AM »
Lol did not know Real player could rip music........and no a huge JOURNEY fan  :)

sopadeajo

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:57 AM »
Suszannah; i do not understand you.

Think that i am a foreigner, but certainly i do not understand a single word of your last post. Thought welsch woman spoke a better English.

PS: i visited when going to Ireland in motorbike (from Spain) a town with a beach named Aberytswith (if i can recall well) and some people talked to me in your beautiful language.

CYMRU

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 02:02:27 AM »
Lol, I do not speak Welsh, only English, can't understand a word of Welsh, it is spoken more in the north than here in the south :)

Do not like G O'Sullivan lol, I am a big fan of the American Band 'Journey' :)

sopadeajo

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 03:51:09 AM »

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 04:18:03 AM »

YoKenny

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 04:28:56 AM »
Had to put this in........
I like the band Journey but I'm more of a Pink Floyd fan and got started on them with Atom Heart Mother and still love Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall

Famous quote
I don't know.  I was really drunk at the time

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 04:32:09 AM »
Yes like Floyd too, only got into Journey about 3 years ago and nice to see them come back, sad to say Steve Perry 'the voice' is no longer with them...but Arnel is doing a cracking job :)

Don't know many tracks from Floyd....but the Wall and Money sticks out well :)