Author Topic: XP System Restore restarting problem  (Read 3419 times)

mikoyan

XP System Restore restarting problem
« on: April 02, 2004, 10:40:47 PM »
Hi all Avast . For the price (0.00$), Avast Home is perfect antivirus solution. Thanks to creators  :)

Now to my little problem. When I try to restart System Restore service (XP Pro) after I turned it off, (uncheck the box on the System Restore Card and click OK) the system freezes. (fully, no reactions to anything) :(
After restarting, when I try to reenable SR service again, yes, it turns on smoothly now.
This effect appeared after Avast Home installation.

Any with similar experience?

P.S. I have czech XP, so don't know exactly the name of that card in System Properties. 8)

chiara.gilioli

Re:XP System Restore restarting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 11:43:11 PM »
Yeah, I have the same problem! I usually have to turn-off my laptop and then, trying again, I can renable system restore. The problem is that I don't know why, so I'm sorry I can't give you any advice.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 03:26:45 AM »
Can you disable the avast residents while enabling the System Restore option in XP?
Will this help?
Maybe the Standard Shild finds some trouble to handle the System Restoring...
Right now I cannot test but, anyway, I use Roxio GoBack which is more reliable on restoring. It saves me a lot of times and a lot of time  ;)
The best things in life are free.

mikoyan

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 12:49:29 PM »
Thanks for your advices, I appreciate it. OK, I'll try turning standard shield off during SR starting. But when it freezes, after reboot even with standard shield on SR switches on OK.