Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of next avast update (now 4.8.1218)  (Read 76973 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
There are a few more "bigger" changes coming (followed by another beta(s)) before an official update is released.
Which are they? We're curious ;D

Here's another cat that that would like to know what these might be ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Well, it's mostly internal changes (some of them in preparation of the features/changes to come soon, possibly through a VPS update). So, you might not really see anything different "visually" (actually, let's hope you won't, because it's maily resident protection detection improvements, as far as I remember).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Well, it's mostly internal changes
maily resident protection detection improvements
I can imagine... Is Trojan-Gen anything that sounds in your ears? ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Erm... no, not at all.
:)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Erm... no, not at all.
:)

So, my fault, or, better, my imagination ;)

onlysomeone

Wow, i nearly missed testing this version! ;)

but now i also updated to the actual beta and also recognized the bug already noticed:

when i try to start outlook 2007 after the restart of the computer with the update installed a message appears which says that the file "AavmRpch.dll" is missing and outlook has to be closed...

when i again try to start outlook 2007 another message appears which tells that there is a problem with the Avast! plugin - Outlook asks for a restart of itself --> outlook closes and opens again with no problems, but with the following add-in disabled: "avast! 4 (ashoutxt.dll)

didn't notice any other problems...

yours
onlysomeone

Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 6.0.2295...

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
i have avast home 4.8.1201 and disabled avast self defense and installed beta 4.8.1216 but when i restart and activate self defense i still have 4.8.1201?im using vista home premium

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Reboot again if that doesn't work try running the aswbeta.exe again.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
ok i rebooted-installed beta -rebooted and its installed now,thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Hope it is working smoothly to you ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

I had this some time ago with another beta for some reason it didn't take first time and that was pre avast self-defence module and I had to run the install again.

Glad you got it in the end.

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
That's right, I don't think it has been addressed yet.

Is this still the case?

Can anyone please confirm if the dreaded MS Outlook plugin problem with the latest pre-release if it's been fixed yet? I'm not asking for a quick fix, it's just that I would like to go for the beta, but as I use MS Outlook 2000, I am not sure if it will cause problems opening emails or not.
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Can anyone please confirm if the dreaded MS Outlook plugin problem with the latest pre-release if it's been fixed yet?
No problems here with Vista and MS Outlook 2007 and avast.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
The problem with the Outlook plugin has already been identified. A beta refresh should be released soon.

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
The problem with the Outlook plugin has already been identified. A beta refresh should be released soon.

Thanks, how will I be notified of this? and where in the forum will the notification be.

Also are you saying in my situation I should wait till this Beta refresh you talk about?

Regards
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1