Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of next avast update (now 4.8.1218)  (Read 76765 times)

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Once you have the Beta installed 4.8.1218 what do I click on for further updates to the beta when I know there is one I mean, Do I click on program updates? or do I click on the beta.exe file each time?

I really want to try this Beta to see if there are any problems, especially to see if the MS Outlook plugin works for 98 S.E

EDIT.

Just installed the Beta 4.8.1218 on Windows 98 S.E

No problems with the MS Outlook plugin as far as I can see.
Scans with no problems either.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Avast Team in fixing the MS Outlook problem so quickly!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:40:22 PM by nightshade »
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

tevion

The beta has now been updated to v4.8.1218.
Among other minor improvements, it is supposed to fix the AavmRpch.dll Outlook plugin issue.

Thanks
Vlk

Thanks for the very good job.
Now i can use again Outlook 2007 with full AVAST! support.

Tevion

ronnycopeh

Just upgraded to latest beta and suddenly the Uac came on and there seem to be no way to turn it off, I uncheck it in user account, disable in msconfig but it still want to control things, and help is appreciated.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Vlk,

You are, as usual, right.

Apologies for my lack of thoroughness and inattention to previous posts.  I made the foolish error of assuming that if avast was still checked in the plugins manager of Outlook 2003 then it would not appear in the disabled list.  While this seems to me illogical I accept that nothing beats thorough testing and I apologize for my erroneous post.     

fnukyguy

have anyone experienced BSOD (bluescreen) with Beta 4.8.1218 on windows xp sp3?
I had my first BSOD in years only a few hours after installing Beta 4.8.1218.
I have no idea if avast actually was to blame for this, because the BSOD gave me no information, and did not create any minidumps.

After rebooting all my Maxthon 1.6.3.80 settings were reset which I find bizzarre.

I'm back to Avast 4.8.1201 just to be safe, which have been working flawlessly by the way..

Im only running webshield and standard shield.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:17:46 PM by fnukyguy »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Are you sure it didn't create even a minidump?
What have you set on the Startup and Recovery page of system settings?

rdmaloyjr

fnukyguy,

I haven't had any BSOD ever because of avast!.  I'm using all avast! shields except Outlook, I don't have Outlook on my computer.

Look in my sig., I'm using XP SP3 with avast! Beta 4.8.1218.  My browser is Opera 9.51.

Maxthon is a IE clone, I don't recommend using IE or any clones of IE.  I recommend Opera.  Even Firefox is a better choice than IE.  Once again, look at my sig.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:42:14 PM by rdmaloyjr »

fnukyguy

here are the settings for startup and recovery

my C:\WINDOWS\Minidump folder is empty.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
fnukyguy, is your pagefile at your boot partition (i.e. %systemroot% partition) ? If not, memory dump is not created.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Also, the small memory dump is too small to reveal the problem (sometimes).
The best things in life are free.

fnukyguy

If Avast didnt cause this BSOD, im pretty sure it was the newest version of Cfosspeed 4.24 build 1420 that caused the bluescreen.
I updated Cfosspeed 5 days ago. If its not Cfosspeed it has to be latest Comodo firewall which I installed 3 weeks ago.

Rafel

I doubt was COMODO FW, and i doubt AVAST too,hehehe.
But a lot of times is an incompatibility btwen programs.

fnukyguy

well, guess what, I just had a BSOD on my VISTA-laptop too, and I studied the dumpfile...and it said that cfosspeed was to blame...
so for now I think its pretty safe to say that the Avast beta was not the reason for the bsod on my xp sp3 system

acdcfan

Did Avast team fix false positive in being given, pagefile.sys, while scanning another drive or partition?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Did Avast team fix false positive in being given, pagefile.sys, while scanning another drive or partition?
Which is the virus name that is being detected in your computer as false positive?
The best things in life are free.