Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of next avast update (now 4.8.1218)  (Read 76761 times)

acdcfan

Which is the virus name that is being detected in your computer as false positive?

I will restart my scan and let you know
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:49:06 PM by acdcfan »

acdcfan

This is the virus found in location D:\pagefile.sys....
Win32:MalWarrior [Tool]

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
First, this has nothing to do with the beta/pre-release (it's only a matter of the virus database), so please don't post about it into this particular thread.

Second, I checked the signature and I don't think there's anything wrong about it; maybe you ran the tool in the other OS and it was swapped from memory into the pagefile, but I wouldn't call it a false alarm (so I don't think anything will be changed about it).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:00:58 PM by igor »

acdcfan

First, this has nothing to do with the beta/pre-release, so please don't post about it into this thread.
Second, I checked the signature and I don't think there's anything wrong about it; maybe you ran the tool in the other OS and it was swapped from memory into the pagefile, but I wouldn't call it a false alarm (so I don't think anything will be changed about it).

You are correct... I was scanning my vista hard drive ( where I only selected, in this case C drive) but avast continued to scan D drive as well and that is where "virus" was found at above directory....
 I don't know how can virus be found in pagefile.sys only.... N00b speaking here

Offline Soure73

Attention to everybody interested, Avast 4.8.1227 is out!! :)
 Downloaded and running ok on my system ;D
HP Compaq with Amd AthlonII x2 2.7Ghz,4 Gig ram 1066 Mhz DDR3,ATI Radeon HD 3000(onboard),Windows 10 Home 64bit

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Attention to everybody interested, Avast 4.8.1227 is out!! :)
 Downloaded and running ok on my system ;D

Thanks for the info! *updating now*
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Mihai Iepure

Updated and restarted here.

Waiting for the website to be updated and see the changelog.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Beta builds don't get reported on the web site only regular builds, http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-4-home_pro-revision-history.html. So you would be waiting a while until the regular program update is released.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mihai Iepure

Beta builds don't get reported on the web site only regular builds, http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-4-home_pro-revision-history.html. So you would be waiting a while until the regular program update is released.

So 1227 is a beta release?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:33:19 PM by Mihai Iepure »

Offline Soure73

What was changed in this beta release?
HP Compaq with Amd AthlonII x2 2.7Ghz,4 Gig ram 1066 Mhz DDR3,ATI Radeon HD 3000(onboard),Windows 10 Home 64bit

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
I don't think that this is a beta, since I got it with a regular update (I wasn't using the latest beta - I was using 4.8.1201) ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well it doesn't look like this is a beta release but a regular release as I'm downloading it now, as on this new system I didn't have the beta installed.

What threw me was reporting this in the beta topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Rafel

Updated :D :D :D

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
I was in Beta with 1218, I saw there was an update so I manually clicked on Program update, it then proceeded to download the 1227 version, no problems so far on Windows 98 S.E  :)
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
I don't think that this is a beta, since I got it with a regular update (I wasn't using the latest beta - I was using 4.8.1201) ;)

If that is right then the Beta was not out for very long.
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1