Author Topic: Why are shortcuts scanned by the Standard Shield?  (Read 13508 times)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Why are shortcuts scanned by the Standard Shield?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 01:36:36 PM »
streetwolf, what did you set on the Advanced tab? it should be only "scan on-open" (no extensions!) and "do not scan system dlls".

streetwolf

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »
streetwolf, what did you set on the Advanced tab? it should be only "scan on-open" (no extensions!) and "do not scan system dlls".

I have those settings at the moment and it appears that only executables including dll's are being scanned.

When I reported all those 'other' files being scanned I didn't have anything checked on the Advanced tab.  Are you saying that in order not to scan the files I reported you need to set the Advanced tab as you indicated?  I figured not checking anything was what I wanted to only scan executables.  Seems I was wrong.  If this is true then I think it's a little confusing regarding the relationship between the basic and advanced tab.

As far as the Web shield goes I am seeing a similar thing.  I specify only certain extensions to be scanned yet I see other extensions being scanned.  As a test I checked the option to scan files of selected type but didn't fill anything in.  When I go to my web site www.shap721.com it scans some sort of file.  I also saw a 'flv' file being scanned at another site www.gamecopyworld.com.  I suppose a flv file is some sort of flash video?  Placing *.flv on the exclude list prevents it from being scanned as well as placing the URL that pops up at my web site.  I would think that nothing should be scanned with my settings.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 03:42:01 PM »
The best things in life are free.

streetwolf

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
Everytime I replace aswMonFlt.sys with the new one you posted here (the second one) that one gets replaced by an older version probably after my second start of Windows.

I noticed this because my shortcuts were being scanned again.

Any idea who is reverting aswMonFlt.sys back to a previous version?  Is it Vista or avast!.  How do I keep the new version?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »
avast! did that.

I thought, driver will not be replaced, because I've digitally signed it...
You can rape avast4.ini to disable replacement, but I'd suggest you to wait for new avast! build - it should be released within some hours.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »
It should be released within some hours.
I'm waiting ;D
Where is it? ??? uh, uh...
The best things in life are free.