Author Topic: BOOT TIME SCAN: Error:42003  (Read 33806 times)

Bagmaster50

Re:BOOT TIME SCAN: Error:42003
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2004, 04:29:19 PM »
Well, here it is Sunday, April 18th. Where's the program update we've been promised to fix this preboot scan error?

Bump.

Steele

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2004, 05:59:55 PM »
I guess the fix is taking a while because...well.... it just HAS to... and delays should be "expected".  ::)

It's a SERIOUS bug that needs to fixed PROPERLY.

I was hoping for the release this weekend myself, but since it is not ready to be released, I am more then willing to wait.

Un-installing and re-installing does not work no matter how many times you try. There is no fix yet.

I think we can live without the boot-time scan for a little while longer? The most important thing is that the MAIN parts of the program, the resident shield, and system scans...work.  :)

~Steele~

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2004, 07:39:21 PM »
This specific bug has been solved the same date it was reported. But the update is taking a bit longer because of a few other issues... Sorry for that.

Well, here it is Sunday, April 18th. Where's the program update we've been promised

Hmm, I'm not totally sure I like this tone... :-X

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CoJo

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2004, 07:50:32 PM »
This specific bug has been solved the same date it was reported. But the update is taking a bit longer because of a few other issues... Sorry for that.

Vlk...no apology necessary...accept my thanks for all the hard work and keeping on top of so much--especially the things we don't know about ;)

Well, here it is Sunday, April 18th. Where's the program update we've been promised

I shall attempt to sing a soft and peaceful tune to drown out any other tones--and, yes, I can sing ;D
cojo

Vlk

GrizzBearCub

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2004, 04:22:30 PM »

Vlk

:D

Yet another newbie to avast with the same problem, but like someone else in this forum I am quite happy knowing that a fix is on the way. After 20 years in IT the whole un-install/re-install game is such a joke, having said that I do have a warped/skewed/sick/perverted/unbalanced sense of humour.

I ditched Nortons, then BitDefender, in favour of Avast! mainly cause of the headaches I've received from both companies Tech support which in turned had me do the remove-install limbo game with no change in outcome.

So how relieved do you think this little bear was when Avast found several viruses that they both neglected! My stress ball is on holidays...

Anyways... enough of this chit chat...

I happily look forward to the update and the return of my monthly preboot scan...

HUGS and Thanks to all involved...

GrizzBearCub

Bagmaster50

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2004, 08:38:10 PM »
Sorry about that VLK. I can wait for the update however long it takes. I just don't want to have customers come back on me when this problem happens to them after I've recommended Avast to them. I've contacted all my customers that've downloaded it so far and informed them not to worry about it, that the update to the program will be out soon. Keep up the good work.

cener

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2004, 02:02:02 PM »
I have exactly the same problem. I hope that avast! people will solve this problem. I heard that this update that we all are waiting for , should be yesterday, but my problem still remains.
It would be very nice if someone let us now when will, or was this update released. :) :)
Thanks

Avast! is the best!

TheNut

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2004, 06:24:45 PM »
To be honest, I really don't understand what all this fuss is "aboot".  ;D

I've scheduled it three or four times just to test it, and it's worked fine....Everything is up to date too BTW- (XP Pro).

Not to mention, how often do you really need to perform a boot scan?  Answer???  Not to often!  ;)

Just kidding around, and I'm fairly new to this program (a refugee from AVG!)
I really love the Program. (Although it is a bit more of a resource hog than AVG was).

The many more features, really cool interface and Skins make it well worth it though........And speaking of "well worth it"- after reading through this thread, it's amazing to me people can be complaining so much about a FREE program.
I mean, be patient....Give these guys a break!
AVG couldn't care less if you have a problem with their free addition!

My hat's off to Avast! Great work!
 (Well I don't wear a hat, but thanks just the same for some really cool Software!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 06:27:08 PM by The Nut »

cener

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2004, 12:59:08 AM »
I have run program update, and now everything works!!!!!!
Thanks ALWIL!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :)You're the best!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Steele

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2004, 11:27:22 PM »
I am pleased to report that this bug has been fixed for me  ;D

Many thanks to the Alwil team for taking the time and effort needed to fix this specific bug.

I am now one big happy doggie!!  ;D
Patience really does pay off.  ;)

Sincerely,
~Steele~
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 11:39:01 PM by Steele »