Author Topic: Avast! Version 5?  (Read 110911 times)

Faizfast6

Re: Avast! Version 5?
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2008, 01:50:31 AM »
From the previous pages, Avast will have a firewall and in the free version too????

a.mutu10

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2008, 02:13:28 AM »
Well about the GUI ... finally a classic one... i think a lot of users got confused and didn't liked avast because of confusion that mediaplayer skin gave them!

Avast Anti-Rootkit one looked nice and clear. I hope they continue on this way...
And i hope they insert modules control on it.. Kaspersky is very well ordered in their GUI
In avast 4.8 left click to pause/stop/edit providers and right click to open GUI is quite confusing for users.. i would prefer all to match into a GUI

About tray icon well... is not that bad the one we have now... but a lil refresh could be done to that too... even just to make clear is a new product.
I would prefer it to be squared instead of a round ball... and i would like it with light reflex effect on it... like a glass.
If they want to maintain round ball i like gdiloren's avatar one

What i would change is...

• Less voices on right click with avast... when i rightclick i have 14 voices... too many!!!

Virus database named: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm label when i go on the icon without clicking it.
    same thing i'd like inside the gui.

Avast pop-up when virus found actually look like windows 95... i think the coolest pop-up i seen was the eset nod32 2.5
And i would like it to be colored for example "red" when a virus is found... "orange" when a spyware is found exc...

About skinning i hope there will be a way to change colors (maybe can be added in 5.1 ... 5.2 versions)

But i repeat ... avast anti-rootkit looked GREAT to me!! i like the dark antivirus gui

Ps i always name other Avs because it is impossible to be perfect, but it's possible to be the best, and in order to be the best we have to learn and take skills from opponents.

Anw i am using Avast because it is the best to me

...and Avast 5.0 is gonna rock!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:30:36 AM by a.mutu10 »

gdiloren

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2008, 03:05:48 AM »
I agree with you:the AVAST ANTIROOTKIT GUI is very nice and attractive. Just to add I scanned thoroughly my whole computer with the archives (29.4 GB) and it took me 1h and 5 minutes on a 1.6 GHz computer with 1GB RAM and VISTA SP1. On a 512 MB RAM and 2.4 GHz PC on XP Pro SP3 it takes about 2 hours to do just a SYSTEM SCAN with AVIRA AV CLASSIC PERSONAL. So AVAST, so to speak, looks pretty fast to me:but I prefer excellent detection over scan speed, although this may be frustrating. I also am not ashamed to mention other softwares names, especially FREE, as each one has its peculiarity, its pros and cons. We can't be all similar and we must choose at a certain given time. AVAST 4 seems to offer me the best protection for free and until now (more than 10 years) NO VIRUS has ever bothered me to format my PC again! ;)

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
I'm curious as to what "good" applications is referring to ???
It's a matter of personal taste... there are some interfaces very ugly (even with skins, like Spybot) don't you think?

The interface should encompass all the main functions and be clear and easy to understand but it wouldnt hurt to perhaps have a "sophisticated" look to it that makes it stand out, although detection is always more important

Faizfast6

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
The interface should encompass all the main functions and be clear and easy to understand but it wouldnt hurt to perhaps have a "sophisticated" look to it that makes it stand out, although detection is always more important
I really have to agree with that. A more professional look but still easy to navigate and with superior detection + heuristics.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2008, 08:32:31 PM »
what is the avast antirootkit gui(skin)?where do i get it?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2008, 09:17:33 PM »
It isn't a stand alone skin, but a GUI for what was the stand alone beta version of the anti-rootkit, better than the windows default no-skin option in the normal on-demand ashsimp2.exe interface.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »
thanks for that davidr

gdiloren

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »
what is the avast antirootkit gui(skin)?where do i get it?
Here's an example of the GUI:

Faizfast6

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2008, 03:07:26 AM »
Maybe Avast! 5 will look something like that but bigger and more info.

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
From the previous pages, Avast will have a firewall and in the free version too????

From what I was told the last time, Avast 5 Free will be available as a suite including the firewall, and also as a separate application excluding the firewall.

If there has been a change to this future implementation I am sure someone will add something here.
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

gdiloren

« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2008, 05:46:37 PM »
As many times stated:
1) Too early for talking about AVAST FW:pionnering in it means thorough testing before releasing it.
2) There will be a new AVAST 5 with some added features (secret) and a new GUI
3) The skin software isn't available in version %, so no skins there. 8)

gate1975mlm

« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »

From what I was told the last time, Avast 5 Free will be available as a suite including the firewall, and also as a separate application excluding the firewall.

If there has been a change to this future implementation I am sure someone will add something here.

I have no need for another firewall so I really hope we will be able to download Avast 5 with out any firewall. The Avast firewall should be a separate download.

YoKenny

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2008, 05:55:22 PM »

I have no need for another firewall so I really hope we will be able to download Avast 5 with out any firewall. The Avast firewall should be a separate download.

If Avast 5 has an embedded firewall then I'll kiss Avast goodbye and install Avira AntiVir.

I came to Avast because AVG became bloated so if Avast does the same thing then I'm not avers to changing.

gdiloren

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2008, 10:07:13 PM »
Agree 100/100%:AVAST FW setup and AVAST 5 AV setup should clearly be 2 distinct one. I see a good SUN behind the idea of a new FW for ALWIL but don't want to be a guinea pig either, even though it's free (ALWIL is new from scratch in FW) :(