Author Topic: On Access Scanner Message  (Read 6931 times)

corrie54

On Access Scanner Message
« on: April 05, 2004, 02:36:34 AM »

Hey all,
Someone recommended this AV for me.  I like everything about it, but every time I access  a file or anything else on my computer I get the avasti-In Access Scanner Message and it lists every file, dll and anything else needed for that app and shws them as scanned.  After it has filled most of my screen it "poof" dissapears ???

I must be missing a setting somewhere, oh please let that be it.
I am calm and all is cool.  A reply an fix would be even cooler.
Running XP Mobile on  souped up Thinkpad A31
Corrie

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:On Access Scanner Message
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 02:42:20 AM »
Click on your (a) icon -> standard shield -> customize -> advanced -> disable: "Show detailed info...".

You had to enable it. It's for testing purposes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 02:58:26 AM by pk »

corrie54

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:44:51 AM »
Oh, ok.  No problem then.  I ca live with it if you are gaining information.
Thanks for the prompt reply ;D

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:49:04 AM »
Oh, ok.  No problem then.  I ca live with it if you are gaining information.
Thanks for the prompt reply ;D

Hi corrie,

Slight misunderstanding there, I think.  What pk meant was that at some time you must have turned on the "detailed actions" option, since it's off by default.  Just untick it again, there's no need for it at all if it bothers you (most of us do leave it off, unless we're trying to debug a problem).

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

corrie54

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 02:53:43 AM »
LOL, so where does one "untick" this feature that I "ticked" ;D
Corrie with a cold (excuse)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 03:01:02 AM »
Or rather, as you said you could live with it :D. heh, really ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 03:01:27 AM by pk »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 03:03:08 AM »
lol  excuses, excuses.  ;D

Open the "On-access protection" (from tooltray icon is easiest), select Standard Shield then the Customize button, then the Advanced tab.

"Detailed info" is (or should be) the very first item, just un-tick that then "OK" to save the change.
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

corrie54

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 03:04:23 AM »
 :'( od course I could if I HAD to.  But my prefence would be to eliminate it lol!
Corrie

corrie54

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 03:14:57 AM »
Thank you so much, I do hope the deed is done.  So far I'm liking this program.

corrie54

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 06:33:18 AM »
You folks have been absolutely "faaabulous".  Quick responses, sense of humor, by gosh who could want anything more :-*

I will definitely return to these forums if for no other reason than to get that warm fuzzy feeling 8)

So far I'm liking this program and may begin recommending it to my clients instead of AVG.  I will run it for a bit and see, but so far so good, especially the support.  They can write here instead of calling me!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 03:17:58 PM »
You folks have been absolutely "faaabulous".  Quick responses, sense of humor, by gosh who could want anything more :-*

I will definitely return to these forums if for no other reason than to get that warm fuzzy feeling 8)

So far I'm liking this program and may begin recommending it to my clients instead of AVG.  I will run it for a bit and see, but so far so good, especially the support.  They can write here instead of calling me!!!

You discover the paradise  ;D
The best things in life are free.

corrie54

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 04:08:04 PM »
Jes, I have descovrd thee paradise lol.  And a fine paradise it is.  You all are great.  This morning it updated and I was one happy camper.  I have to check and see how I can set the alerts so they don't have the sirens and not so many choices for my clients.  
You know the ones that tell you they updated their ant-virus programs but didn't know they had to run them also.  Like to keep it simple for them.  
We are quite rural up here on Lassen Mountain, so simple is best.
Thanks again and I will come back y'hear. :)
Corrie

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 08:13:33 PM »
Jes, I have descovrd thee paradise lol.  And a fine paradise it is.  You all are great.  This morning it updated and I was one happy camper.  I have to check and see how I can set the alerts so they don't have the sirens and not so many choices for my clients.  
Thanks again and I will come back y'hear. :)
Corrie

Glad to hear you're happy with the family, Connie (think I called you "corrie" originally, blame that on my aging eyes plus screen font  ;) ).

You'll find all kinds of goodies under Settings (main menu, on the interface).  One of those is for sound settings -- you can elect to totally disable avast sounds, or I think you can even select specific events for that.

corrie54

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 08:22:09 PM »
No worry on the Connie.  That is what it is in English.  I generally sign my Dutch name which is Corrie.  So your eyes are not failing you ;)
Corrie