Author Topic: Installing to Pegasus mail  (Read 2939 times)

vineyridge

Installing to Pegasus mail
« on: April 05, 2004, 04:23:26 AM »
 ???

I've just installed Avastl to my laptop which has Pegasus Mail as the mail server.  I've run the Wizard, and it shows Pegasus Mail as my mail client.  I seem to be able to receive mail just fine, but when I go to send, I get the following message from my ISP

573 ajh#mail.telepak.net@[127.0.0.1] unknown user account

What do I do to reactivate my outgoing mail?  I'm not very computer literate about things like this.

vineyridge

Re:Installing to Pegasus mail
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 05:29:37 AM »
Now I'm not sure I'm getting incoming mail either.  :'(

When I check my mail, Pegasus mail is checking 127.0.0.1, which it's supposed to do, but is Avast going on and checking my actual mailbox?  I have gotten any email lately, and I'd like to blame it on y'all.

I've printed out the manual method for setting up email protection, and will try it.  You say that your wizard works with Pegasus Mail, and it's certainly made a changes in the setup.  

By the way, on another note--I've tried to run the thorough scan twice.  I keep getting files not being able to be scanned.
The problems are what you call soft errors--password protected or corrupted zips.  When I close the program after doing nothing about these, it doesn't show that a scan was ever done, nor is the report of the last scan active.

I'm feeling really dumb.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 05:53:47 AM »
Maybe I'll say a stupid thing, but can you search the board for Pegasus Mail and see if you can find a solution? Sometime ago there were threads discussing this...
The best things in life are free.

vineyridge

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 05:50:33 PM »
 ;D
I did the search and found a similar question that had been resolved.

The email scanner does not work with Pegasus 4.02, which I have been using, but it does work without problems with Pegasus 4.12a.

So I downloaded the new Pegasus, and I seem to be okay now.

Thanks for the suggestion to search.