Author Topic: SAFARI FOR WINDOWS  (Read 4616 times)

chargers

SAFARI FOR WINDOWS
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:43:02 AM »
ya i just wanted some opinions on useing safari for windows?is it alright?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: SAFARI FOR WINDOWS
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »
My advice? Use Firefox or Opera instead. Safari should stay where it was initially developed. On Macs.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

gdiloren

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
I agree. Most sites are for FF and IE, especially internet banking and government online services...! ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:29:17 AM »
Safari is based on the open source WebKit engine. Contrary to what the previous posters have said Pages load Just as good in safari as they do in FF or IE. Safari was also the first browser to pass the Acid 2 test. And the Latest Developer Preview of Safari 4 passes the Acid 3 test.

So there is no reason not to use Safari. Just Try out Different Web Browsers and Pick the one you like best.

My advice? Use Firefox or Opera instead. Safari should stay where it was initially developed. On Macs.

That Comment is not exactly fair. Webkit has been cross platform for some time now, its even in use on some mobile phones. Its a highly developed platform, Google even chose it for its ANDROID Mobile OS Browser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webkit
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:37:53 AM by .: Mac :. »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Thorny

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
I understood that there are 'capet bombing' issues if Safari is lnstalled on a Windows machine together with IE or Fx, or have the latest updates to Safari & Fx fixed this?

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
I understood that there are 'capet bombing' issues if Safari is lnstalled on a Windows machine together with IE or Fx, or have the latest updates to Safari & Fx fixed this?

Fixed in the latest versions of Safari and Firefox
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »
Safari is based on the open source WebKit engine. Contrary to what the previous posters have said Pages load Just as good in safari as they do in FF or IE. Safari was also the first browser to pass the Acid 2 test. And the Latest Developer Preview of Safari 4 passes the Acid 3 test.

So there is no reason not to use Safari. Just Try out Different Web Browsers and Pick the one you like best.

That Comment is not exactly fair. Webkit has been cross platform for some time now, its even in use on some mobile phones. Its a highly developed platform, Google even chose it for its ANDROID Mobile OS Browser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webkit

Well that being commented by a pro Apple user doesn't explain anything either. Bad GUI design (for a Windows app) and non existing theming integration, weird features and just lolish design compared to Opera and Firefox makes it no competitor at all.
It might work fine on Mac OS but in Windows it looks like a bad joke compared to heavy weighs like Opera 9.5 and FF3...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »
Well that being commented by a pro Apple user doesn't explain anything either. Bad GUI design (for a Windows app) and non existing theming integration, weird features and just lolish design compared to Opera and Firefox makes it no competitor at all.
It might work fine on Mac OS but in Windows it looks like a bad joke compared to heavy weighs like Opera 9.5 and FF3...

I do agree that The GUI does need to be better integrated with Windows, But remember firefox stuck out like a sore thumb on the Mac until version 3 so give Apple time and Im sure they will improve the GUI, they may already have although I have not gotten ahold of the version 4 seeds for windows yet.

Features, Besides a integrated RSS reader, what other features are you talking about that are weird?