Author Topic: Edit my profile  (Read 5881 times)

ace2701

Edit my profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »
I've come up with a small problem.  I set up my profile, and now I would like to modify some information.
I tried to follow the help instructions, but when I enter my password and click on "change profile" nothing happens.
There is supposed to be an "edit profile" banner, but I can't find it. I really want to set the time for my location, and
update one item in my signature, but I can't do it.  Help, please? 

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Edit my profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
I've come up with a small problem.  I set up my profile, and now I would like to modify some information.
I tried to follow the help instructions, but when I enter my password and click on "change profile" nothing happens.
There is supposed to be an "edit profile" banner, but I can't find it. I really want to set the time for my location, and
update one item in my signature, but I can't do it.  Help, please? 

I remember needing help in this area when I was a Newbie.  So, I'll try to return the favor.
(1)  Make sure you're Logged In.
(2)  Click on Profile up on top.
(3)  Click on Forum Profile Information.
(4)  Edit your Signature and whatever other Info.
(5)  Click on Change profile at the very Bottom Right.
(6)  Click on Look and Layout Preferences.
(7)  Edit the appropriate Info. 
      Click on Change profile at the very Bottom Right.

And there you go!
Heck, I still can't put my Flag on my Posts.  I seem to know WHERE to do it.  I just can't get the process to happen.  Things seem to really slow down when I'm in that Member Map area.  It says something about Pin your Flag on there.  But, it doesn't appear to be as easy as the Pin the Tail on the Donkey Game ... and THAT's not easy.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:06:54 PM by Chim »
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

kubecj

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »
Newbies can't change their extended profile anymore.

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:29:41 AM »
Newbies can't change their extended profile anymore.

Would that be "Newbies" exclusively in the Official avast! Forums Members hierarchy term sense?  As in once a Newbie crosses the threshold into "Jr. Member," they CAN change their extended profile?  I THINK I recall that threshold was around crossing over into 21 Posts?  Is that correct?  So the solution would be for the Newbie to hurry up and achieve 21 Posts status?   ;D  And THEN a Profile Editing Fest could ensue.  But, seriously ... WOULD that be how it works?  A Jr. Member CAN edit their extended Profile?

Okay, by "Extended" Profile, does that mean only the part with the TIME Offset bit?  So, for example ... a Newbie CAN edit their plain ole Signature?
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 12:44:49 AM »
I suspect this is something to do with scumbag spammers registering, putting a spam link in their sig, posting a spurious question or comment and then disappearing, never to be seen again?
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »
Would that be "Newbies" exclusively in the Official avast! Forums Members hierarchy term sense?  As in once a Newbie crosses the threshold into "Jr. Member," they CAN change their extended profile? 

Since the means of checking this is the forum software then it can only check against forum information of the members status, 'Newbie' as displayed in the info to the left of the post. It isn't quite smart enough to know if you happen to be a computer geek in real life.

So yes Jnr Members would then have access to the extended profile (not exactly which of the profile info that includes).

Newbies are effectively unable to use the Forum PM (personal message) function either, requires more than 20 posts also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ace2701

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 11:00:22 PM »
I get it.  Thanks for the info.  I'll just wait 'till I reach 20 posts, and then do my modifying.  :)