Author Topic: Centrally Excluding Files from The Standard Shield  (Read 4919 times)

AdmiralNemo

Centrally Excluding Files from The Standard Shield
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
Hello All,

I am currently evaluating ADNM as a replacement for our current anti virus solution and I have a quick question.  Many of our workstations run virtual machines and I would like to be able to tell avast! to exclude scanning of .vmdk files on access.  Normally, I would just go to the Standard Shield options and add *.vmdk to the list of excluded files, but I hoped there would be a better way to do this using the ADNM console.  I don't see that as an explicit option, so I figured it would be in an INI file setting somewhere.  Does anyone know where this is?

Any pointers you can give me would be really appreciated.  I am looking forward to permanently deploying avast! on our network.

Thanks

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Centrally Excluding Files from The Standard Shield
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
Hi AdmiralNemo,

you are rigth about Standard Shield. In ADNM Console you must do the same under "Default Resident Task".

AdmiralNemo

Re: Centrally Excluding Files from The Standard Shield
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »
Oh my gosh, I hadn't even thought to look there.  It seemed like so much of the avast! configuration was unavailable through the ADNM console, but I was completely missing these options.

In case anyone doesn't understand exactly what we are getting at here, the "Default Resident Task" is listed under "On-Access Scanning Tasks."  It took me a while to find it, even after edj pointed me in the right direction.  If you view the properties of this task, you will find all the options you would find in the on-access scanner settings on each of the clients.

Thank you again for your help.  I am very excited about using avast! on our network as it is a far superior solution to anything we have had in the past!