Author Topic: Why should I change browser???  (Read 2632 times)

gdiloren

Why should I change browser???
« on: July 25, 2008, 03:39:09 AM »
Sorry to bring up this thread. I was just thinking!!! I was initially (a long, long time ago) an IE fan(1995-1997, if I don't go wrong). Soon after,  then, I went to FF and I moved to it. I learnt how to use it, how it is made up, and I am still learning!
Now, I downloaded Opera 9.51. Nice browser, to give a try. But to tell the truth it has not all the features of FIREFOX. It may be apparently faster but this is because of its increased "cache". To get the same protection as with NoScript or ABP, you have to be an expert whereas in FF you can simply download automatically extensions. Too complicated. I'll keep surfing with FIREFOX. :P

YoKenny

Re: Why should I change browser???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »
Try IE7 with IE7Pro and you will be amazed at IE7 with that add-in and I especially like its Accu Weather and Site Info plugins and I bet that it does not consume as much RAM as Firefox with its equivalent extensions.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:50:33 AM »
<heresy>You don't actually need NoScript. If a browser handles Javascript securely, it's contained within the browser and can't do any harm. I feel quite safe browsing with Opera.</heresy>

I do miss Adblock in Opera, if I happen to arrive at a site with annoying ads, and I just can't do without Firefox for the inline spell checker on forms like this.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
<plug>IE7Pro's spell checker is what I use.

I don't use its Ad-blocker feature as I find the use of the HOSTS file much more efficient:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
I do miss Adblock in Opera, if I happen to arrive at a site with annoying ads, and I just can't do without Firefox for the inline spell checker on forms like this.
I miss tons of configurations in Opera... the absence of addons makes Opera features very limited compared to Firefox...
The best things in life are free.