Author Topic: Avast! 4/Java problem?  (Read 2410 times)

pete47

Avast! 4/Java problem?
« on: July 28, 2008, 06:19:39 AM »
I did away with Nortons and downloaded the Avast!4 Home Edition, but there seems to be a compatibility issue with Java or Adobe Flashplayer.  Cbssportsline.com utilizes a live scoring system for its fantasy sports using Java and Flashplayer to automatically update scores and stats.  This feature stopped working after installing Avast, and when I uninstalled Avast it started working again.  I am happy with Avast otherwise and would like to keep it.  Are there changes I can make to the settings of either Avast or Java/Flashplayer to correct this problem?  I am operating an Acer notebook with Windows XP and the Windows firewall.  I encountered no other issues while Avast was still installed. 

dwgesq

Re: Avast! 4/Java problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:09 AM »
Not that this will be much help, but I also play CBS.Sportsline.com fantasy baseball, and have never experienced the problem that you reference.  You may want to be sure it is the Avast and not something else.  I have Windows XP and Windows Firewall, so maybe there is something with the Acer versus my Thinkpad.