Author Topic: the problem of install avast4workstation for linux  (Read 8772 times)

clarke.yang

the problem of install avast4workstation for linux
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
   I have downloaded the avast software for linux flat and installed avast software that is called avast4workstation-1.0.8-1.i586.rpm sucessfully.My way is "rpm -ivh avast4workstation-1.0.8-1.i586.rpm". And my os is red hat 9.0
          Unfortunatedly when I run this avast in the command line. there occurs the message that is "/usr/bin : line 169 :2446 aborted $AVAST_PREFIX/bin/$programname $*". And I try to use another way to resolve it. But I can not overcome it.
          So please help me!

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: the problem of install avast4workstation for linux
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »
Hallo,
please re-check this issue with latest beta-build: http://public.avast.com/~cimbal/test . These build were made after ubuntu-8.04 testing, which was succesful. So, probably, the problem should be gone. Otherwise, please, run  avastgui in strace -f -i -s 1024, and paste the results here.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

clarke.yang

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »
Hello zilog,
    Thnaks for your responsion.
      I have downloaded the relative software avast4workstation-1.2.0-1.i586.rpm by your gived URL. I have uninstalled the original avast version. And I use rpm command and add the "-nodes" parameter for installing this new software. The process of the install is sucessful.But I input "avast" or "avastgui" in the command lines.There occurs different message that is "avast: can not initialize avast! engine:vps file was destoryed".
   Finally I install libavastengine-4.7.4-1.i586.rpm software, I can not resolve it also.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:58:13 AM »
Hello zilog,
    Thnaks for your responsion.
      I have downloaded the relative software avast4workstation-1.2.0-1.i586.rpm by your gived URL. I have uninstalled the original avast version. And I use rpm command and add the "-nodes" parameter for installing this new software. The process of the install is sucessful.But I input "avast" or "avastgui" in the command lines.There occurs different message that is "avast: can not initialize avast! engine:vps file was destoryed".
   Finally I install libavastengine-4.7.4-1.i586.rpm software, I can not resolve it also.

please, check the 400.vps file (size, contents, location). The file must be some ±15MiB and must end with ASWSignd. Also, make sure that the /usr/lib/libavast* stuff was uninstalled (otherwise, workstation will try to use those system-wide DSOs).

There might be more 400.vps files (global, per-user), so try "find / -type f -name 400.vps" to fing them all.

regards,
PC
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)