Author Topic: Is there a flaw in Dr.Web antivirus link checker on Vista with FF 3.0.1?  (Read 14540 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Is there a flaw in Dr.Web antivirus link checker on Vista with FF 3.0.1?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
Hi you malware fighters,

Just some further information of the workings of the Dr.Web anti-virus link checker inside Fx 3.0.1 , Minefield 3.1a2pre or Flock, BetterPrivacy 1.22 blocks the workings of Dr.Web anti-virus link checker,
try to make an exclusion there, but for the moment you better disable BetterPrivacy against Flash Cookies and remove Flash Cookies or Super cookies manually,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
If you disable flash cookies there isn't much left of betterprivacy I only have BP 1.200 not 1.22 and a check for update doesn't reveal one is available. There doesn't appear to be a facility to make an exclusion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »
Well first tried unchecking the Flash Cookie blocking and that didn't seem to work, only disabling BP and restarting firefox would allow DrWeb to run. So on balance it looks like beterprivacy is history and DrWeb link checker finally works.

Thanks for the heads up about the conflict with betterprivacy, maybe some day they will update it so it will work with or allow exclusions or at least notify the user when it is blocking and what it is blocking..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
Hi DavidR,

I posted at the site of NettiCat, the developer of BetterPrivacy about the conflict with DrWebs av link checker plug-in, maybe gdloren can tell Eugene Kuzin about this existing conflict, and what to do about it?

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
Thanks for that, now they are aware hopefully it won't be long before they can coexist.

gdiloren

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
Well first tried unchecking the Flash Cookie blocking and that didn't seem to work, only disabling BP and restarting firefox would allow DrWeb to run. So on balance it looks like beterprivacy is history and DrWeb link checker finally works.

Thanks for the heads up about the conflict with betterprivacy, maybe some day they will update it so it will work with or allow exclusions or at least notify the user when it is blocking and what it is blocking..
Hi DavidR & Polonus, not having your configuration and problem I would think it's better for you to communicate directly with Eugene Kuzin (eugene.kuzin(at)dr.web.com or try also e.kuzin(at)drweb.com as I deleted it from my contacts in Winmail and have some memory problems/age)). Isent him this email:Hi,
Somebody (DavidR) is reporting problems with BetterPrivacy in the General Section of the Avast Forum at http://forum.avast.com . I told him to contact you for further discussion since I have personnally no issue with the extension. THANK YOU.
but don't wait after me and tell him what to do!
Many thanks!!! :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:31:35 AM by gdiloren »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 12:15:46 AM »
Thanks for that.

I would suggest you modify the email addresses so it can be read by a human but not harvested by a bot and added to some spam lists or worse, e.g. eugene dot kuzin (at) dr.web.com

gdiloren

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Hi DavidR & Polonus, not having your configuration and problem I would think it's better for you to communicate directly with Eugene Kuzin (eugene.kuzin(at)dr.web.com or try also e.kuzin(at)drweb.com as I deleted it from my contacts in Winmail and have some memory problems/age)). Isent him this email:Hi,
Somebody (DavidR) is reporting problems with BetterPrivacy in the General Section of the Avast Forum at http://forum.avast.com . I told him to contact you for further discussion since I have personnally no issue with the extension. THANK YOU.
but don't wait after me and tell him what to do!
Many thanks!!! :D
David, the emails are wrong, so you must go through my initial steps at http://support.drweb.com/new/feedback/ explaining you want to contact eugene kuzin and your problem associated with the extension. Use also the partner email address pr(at)drweb.com (this one is ok) Sorry. ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
Thanks I have briefly outlined the issue and given a link to this topic.