Author Topic: malware  (Read 13817 times)

Shortiehi5

Re: malware
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
 ???  hello every one   '  gee i am sorry i read your posts and i don't understand.... do i have malware? and if i click on checked fixed , will this delete all? could you tell me what ones i delete ? maybe i just don't ''get it yet ..please & thanks  sorry i'am soo slow to get things   !!Shortie..

YoKenny

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »
gee i am sorry i read your posts and i don't understand.... do i have malware?
It looks like your system does not have malware.

It looks like you have not installed Service Pack 3 ( SP3 ) yet.

In IE go to Tools then Windows Update then run Windows update to download and install SP3.

The entries to be removed by HijackThis are mainly cosmetic and not urgently needed to be removed.

Shortiehi5

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »
ok thank you this is me  ;D very happy !! i will install the pack!! wishing you all the best !!and soooo nice of you to help us all here!! i will drop in to say a good hello now and then!!!Shortie!!

wyrmrider

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
thanks Shortone

after you get SP3 then the Secunia Advisor and get everything up to date especially java and adobe
system running well generally?

more ram?

Shortiehi5

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 05:11:25 AM »
Hi and thank you Yes more ram !!  i need it.. but i got one more spot of trouble  !! i got a warning about this one (and please do not touch it or Dl it ok....warning its bad am sure i had to get rid of this   i put it in chest   is this ok? (((   IRC: malware-gen )))) i never heard of this ..i have been on the puter for 6 yrs and this is the 2nd time i have aprob so i figure its not too bad.. any info on this please my friend's son wanted to see this site and hence the malware... :-[  shortie was it ok to put the name on here? i hope it was don't wanna make a mess  ty 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »
If you break down the malware name given, the IRC part, something that would come through Internet Relay Chat, the 'Malware' is unspecified (trojan/spyware/adware, etc.) as it is detected by a generic (-gen) signature.

The generic signature (the -gen at the end of the malware name), so that is trying to catch multiple variants of the same type of malware.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wyrmrider

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
Since it is a -gen it may be a hit or a false positive

do the upload to virus total thing and also send to avast

good on ya shortie

Shortiehi5

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 08:35:58 PM »
 :)ok   i thank you !! glad to be here and lov all the help you so wonderfuly give out!! Very  helpful place!!! tyty Shortie.. i put the malware name as i thought it might be  helpful to others !!