Author Topic: 8 to 10 minutes to start windows XP  (Read 32530 times)

ardvark

Re: 8 to 10 minutes to start windows XP
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2008, 01:24:04 AM »
When I reinstall, do you think that any problems that I might have with my motherboard will show up, if I leave the original RAM in and try to start with that first?

Hi Sparks...

There might. :(

However, if you're going to reinstall from scratch, you have some room to experiment here. ;D

You mentioned in a previous post that when you tried to install the new module, if I understood correctly, the motherboard accepted it but Windows XP wouldn't work correctly. Before you reinstall, try taking out the original module and just use the new module. See how XP installs and works with that as a fresh new installation. If you keep getting blue screen or illegal operation errors or other strange messages from the OS (or other programs,) it's most likely not going to work. You can wipe the OS, put back the original module and reinstall over again and see if it will work like it did originally.

As another option, if the new module doesn't work, you can return it to "Smilentango" for a refund and order one from Crucial, while explaining to them what has happened with your upgrade attempts and try their module.

You have my best wishes! :)

May God Bless you, brother!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:26:53 AM by ardvark »

Phil Stubbs

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Well I have managed to get things sorted!!!
Just as you first said Aardvark, I took it to a technician.
30 minutes later it was cleared, I got it back home installed XP again and am up and running again with XP start up taking a WHOOPING 50 seconds!!!
Thanks so much for your help, but I just need one more thing if possible please, if you remember I had aproblem with my Audio driver AC97audio before and I have tried to track down the other audio driver I installed to take over that, I must have a faulty driver!
I cant remember what it was called I just recall a blue box with a icon of some sort in it that I was using, any idea's again??
Many thanks Brother.

Sparks

ardvark

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2008, 04:25:36 AM »
Hi Sparks!

YAYYYYYYYY! :) 8) :)

Tell me, was the technician able to get your new 1 GB module to work? I'm hoping you have more than 224 MB's of memory to work with! ;)

Well, I would have to look at your chipset (or have you read me the numbers that are stamped on it) to see if there are more drivers (or different and/or newer versions) for it. However, the original drivers for your motherboard's sound chip (and the other devices) are located here...

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=504&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Driver&MenuID=1&LanID=9

Just scroll down until you see the box labeled "Sound" and "RealTek Codec Sound on board driver" for the "driver name."

I'm hoping these drivers won't give you any problems. ;)

Please let me know how this turns out. :)

May God Bless you, brother! :)

Best Regards

Phil Stubbs

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
OHHH YESSSS!!!!!
Success. What can I say my friend, you have been a massive help, the audio driver works, 50 yes 50 seconds to start windows, the tech guy installed 1GB of RAM which has made SUCH a difference, and we are back up and running!!!
All I have to do now is just get my email account set up again, and then everything is how it was, but FASTER ;D :D :D :D
I have learnt a valuable lesson about backing up files onto a stick or separate hard drive to stop me getting in such a state again.
To all the sceptics who say there is no good in the world, I would say check these guys out who give freely of their time to help clowns like me out!!!
Many thanks to you brother Aardvark and also to DavidR who took an interest early on.

God Bless you my friend, and may He richly bless your life through this ministry.

Sparks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
You're welcome, happy that things are much better for you now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ardvark

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
Hi Sparks!

You are most welcome, my brother! :)

You are not a clown, you took something that was very difficult and frustrating for you and saw it through to completion and success! :) This takes perseverance and tenacity, all Blessings from the Lord! :)

May the Lord richly Bless you, your wife and family! :)

Best Regards...