Author Topic: Trojan Horse in latest update?  (Read 4883 times)

Makersmark

Trojan Horse in latest update?
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:56:31 PM »
This morning, while downloading the latest virus database (07.04.2004 file ver. 0404-4), my firewall came up with this message:

Trojan horse "IntrusePack 1.27b" detected in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup, process id: 4294365847
Description:

Fail to terminate the process.

Anyone else come up with this problem? I have not tried to detect or remove this Trojan yet. I find this quite disheartening to get infected by a trojan in this way.

whocares

Re:Trojan Horse in latest update?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »
Hi,

this is imho part of the updater-component in avast, and most probably not a trojan.
your FW gives a false alarm 'cause avast wants to connect to the internet, and check for/download avast-updates.

I think this file is created only temporary, so you probably can't send it in ?, but send a link to this topic to your firewall vendor and ask for clarification or a fix

In the meantime, explicitly allow avast-setup in your FW, or do updates manually (see avast docu, faqs and Board for details)

P.S.. Which Firewall/version do you use ?
 ;) ;)

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 04:09:05 PM »
Trojan horse "IntrusePack 1.27b" detected in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup, process id: 4294365847

It is false alarm given by your FW and we can't do anything with it   :( - try to search 'IntrusePack' in this forum.

You might to contact the FW producer and ask him to remove this false positive...

Pavel

Makersmark

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 02:43:16 PM »
I am using Sygate's fw, and yes this was a false alarm.
Stange though, as I have been using both products for at least 6 months, and this is the first false alarm I have gotten.

Thanks for your insight.

P.S.  Sorry I didn't search the forum before posting. If I did I would have had my answer. Seems as though this is a problem inherient in the Sygate FW
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 02:53:25 PM by Makersmark »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 03:34:15 PM »
Seems as though this is a problem inherient in the Sygate FW

No trouble with ZoneAlarm 4.5.538.001 and avast. Seems a Sygate trouble.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

stevejrc

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 07:43:49 PM »
Im using sygate and no warnings/problems with avast, check you have latest version 5.5 build 2525.