Author Topic: Avast found Win32: trojan-gen  (Read 19408 times)

yod12

Re: Avast found Win32: trojan-gen
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 04:14:40 AM »

wyrmrider

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 06:57:15 AM »
Hi
does not look good does it?
did you post up where this so called temp file hangs out- complete path
what does PROPERTIES show
Did you see the crap trz11.tmp hangs out with --with google

watch out
after a reboot or program start the name could change
post that MBAM scan

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
I rescanned the trz11.tmp http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/61e7829361b9df72367acbf96c55b1e2

Well it certainly falls in line with the others you have scanned and I would give reasonable odds that you don't have a firewall or you are using the windows firewall, which in these regards is about as much use as a chocolate fire(wall)guard. As fast as you could be cleaning up more of the same could be downloaded.

Whilst the windows XP firewall is usually good at keeping your ports stealthed (hidden) it provides no outbound protection and you should consider a third party firewall.
Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.
- There are many freeware firewalls such as, Comodo, PCTools Firewall Plus, Jetico, etc. - Zone Alarm free works fine with avast and has a reasonably friendly user interface, however, the free version is becoming bloated with trial ware and is also crippled as far as outbound protection goes In the Program Control, configuration area, the slider will only goes as far as Medium protection, if you want more you have to buy the Pro version.
See A Forum discussion on free firewalls http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30808.0
See http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yod12

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
What do I do once I'm on the MBAM page that was kindly linked here?
Is there a way I can download this on one machine and transfer it via flash drive to infected computer and run it offline?
So what to do about these viruses? Can I somehow wipe out any possibility of this spreading? Reinstallation of Win XP is not an option.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »
The link to MBAM on my previous reply should allow you to download it (it is an executable installation file) and run on any system off-line that you choose to install it on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yod12

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »
I finally was able to get to the download page for MBAM. I clicked Free Download and it froze...or something. Then I clicked on Softpedia Secure Download (US) and it taking 30 minutes on a broadband connection to download 1.69 Mb or so. Somethin ain't right here. Sorry to bother you guys about this.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
Secure encrypted downloads would take longer though this still seems excessive, but some of these download sites can get very busy. The main thing is that you have it downloaded now I assume and it is only 1.69MB ?

YoKenny

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
The link to MBAM on my previous reply should allow you to download it (it is an executable installation file) and run on any system off-line that you choose to install it on.
This does not include the latest definitions that can only be obtained on-line as far as I know.

Further discussion should be done on Malwarebytes.org forum:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41

yod12

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »
MBAM found no mailcious files! I guess that's good news. What do I do about these that are in the Chest and suspect folder?

wyrmrider

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

they can stay in the chest
Avast has your Virus total results
wait a couple of weeks and rescan the suspect folder

did you get MBAM to update
if not you could try malwarebytes rogue remover and say a kaspersky online AV scan if you have not done that

yod12

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »
Rescan in couple weeks? With what, Avast? I've 'excluded' that folder.
What's a rogue remover?

they can stay in the chest
Avast has your Virus total results
wait a couple of weeks and rescan the suspect folder

did you get MBAM to update
if not you could try malwarebytes rogue remover and say a kaspersky online AV scan if you have not done that

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
Yes with avast, how else would you know if it was corrected, Scan the copy that is in the chest (you do have a copy in the chest ?), that isn't included in any exclusion list.

When it is no longer detected you can remove the exclusion and remove the copy from the chest (provided you have a copy in the original location, which it seems you do).

wyrmrider

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 07:30:45 PM »
malwarebytes rogue remover
go to malwarebytes forum and find out
it and MBantimalware target different rogues

did you get MBAM to update?
how bout an on line AV scan
post any results

not to worry about stuff in chest

what about a firewall
if you are clean that should be a high priority
that and running Secunia Inspector and getting ALL of your software up to date

yod12

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
Someone over at MBAM suggested I restore these and scan again. I didn't want to chance it, but Avast found these things again when they were out of the Chest and I put 'em back. Had them there for about a month. There's also a "IPLogger.txt" on the desktop. I'm not sure what that is or how it got there. What do I do with these things now?

wyrmrider

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
dear yod 12

your lst post
someone over at MABAM  who?- link please
suggisted I restores these-- What?
good move not to chance it
you are talking about "these" out of the chest= avastis doing it's job good
sre you talking about trz11.tmp  type of things?

how is yor system running
did you get mbam to update before last scan?
best to post the whole log