Author Topic: Manual update of program - which file/where from to download?  (Read 2568 times)

a-hero

Manual update of program - which file/where from to download?
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
Hello,

my AVAST Home runs pattern updates automatically - this works fine.
But I want to update the program manually because of a very slow internet connection. Any chance to download program update exe from the avast-website when the program informs about new version? I found pattern updates only.

regards
Uwe

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Manual update of program - which file/where from to download?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »
You need do nothing to the current settings as avast only checks for program updates and if one is available it 'Asks' if you want to download it then. If you are busy and you don't, ignore the pop-up notification and it will go away after a short time. You will then need to do a manual update when you are ready.

This works fine for me, as I'm also on dial-up.

I wouldn't advise downloading the whole new program version (currently about 23MB) as that would be much larger than the program update from within avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security