Author Topic: Going round in circles. Demo version ended - can't install full version  (Read 18758 times)

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Going round in circles. Demo version ended - can't install full version
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
Zilog,
I purchased for our company a 10 pack of the Avast! Professional licenses w/ 2 years of support and when we did we were assured that the Professional license would work on all our PCs and our ONE Mac in the office. Well, the licenses works fine on all the PCs, but I cannot get it to install on the Mac because we did not get a license file for the Mac.

Now, I do not want to hear that we will have to buy any additional licenses because we were assured that the Professional license would work on the Mac Version. I specifically asked this question in advance to avoid any problems...

Now, how do I go about getting a .dat file for the one and only Mac in my office.

- Will Smothers, MCSE

Hallo,
there are at the moment two licensing policies - Windows version, when the license expires, blocks incremental updates. This Mac version, because doesn't use the windows-system of incremental updates, blocks the program instead.

As a consequence, no common license for both Windows and Mac could be issued - there must be always two separate files, and when you bought also one license for mac, you should get it in a separate file. please, ask our support for it.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

will.smothers

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

Hallo,
there are at the moment two licensing policies - Windows version, when the license expires, blocks incremental updates. This Mac version, because doesn't use the windows-system of incremental updates, blocks the program instead.

As a consequence, no common license for both Windows and Mac could be issued - there must be always two separate files, and when you bought also one license for mac, you should get it in a separate file. please, ask our support for it.

regards,
pc

How can I get in touch with support?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »
How can I get in touch with support?
Here, or send an email to support@avast.com
The best things in life are free.