Author Topic: Autoremove virus when scanning  (Read 2771 times)

Wikzo

Autoremove virus when scanning
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »
I have a pretty large hard disk to scan. When searching for virus, it takes a couple of hours. I therefore leave the PC and do some other things.

The problem with avast! 4.8 Home is that when it finds any virus, it leave a warning pop up with options to remove it. If I don't click on it, the program won't continue the searching.

Is there any way to make it search 100% and THEN decide what to do about the viruses? I previously used Bullguard where you removed the viruses after the search was done.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Autoremove virus when scanning
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »
No, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

Well, that's the way it is, I am afraid; you may call it a limitation of the Home Edition of avast!. In the Professional Edition, you can configure the task to perform automatic actions (or, don't do anything).
In the Home version, you may check the "Don't show again" checkbox in the Virus warning dialog - but only after the first virus has been found (because you won't see the virus dialog until then).
The best things in life are free.