Author Topic: updates  (Read 2155 times)

Roy Lewis

updates
« on: August 18, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
Hello

I am trying again.  When I first installed the free version it would update successfully, but when there was one needing a reboot it would not do so.  I would get a message " windows could not upgrade the file %1 from 2%: 1% 2% ".  I am using Windows ME.  When I first asked for help I was eventually told to uninstall the present version and install the new one.  This I did and everything seemed fine.  Then there was a new update requiring a reboot and the above problem happened again.  Can someone help resolve this, no mention of " get XP " please

Thanks

Roy

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: updates
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »
I would suggest a clean re-install again.

Though there hasn't been a program update recently (program: 4.8.1229     23.7.2008), so has this only just happened ?

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.

1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security