Author Topic: What is Your Favourite skin?  (Read 11263 times)

ylap

What is Your Favourite skin?
« on: April 08, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
There are skins for avast! created, but what is your favourite? Petite and Petite Blue are favourites of mine, because they are small, simple, and solid. So write Your opinion too.  ::) And good luck using avast!, which can change it's look as you wish.

4u1e

Re:What is Your Favourite skin?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 07:10:20 PM »
I have to confess to LCARS, I suspect I'm showing my age but I think it's really cool!

Completely impractical of course, it takes up half my screen, but a fantastic job.

Matt

shgoh

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 12:00:48 AM »
lite-on... ;D

bbfi

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 12:14:30 AM »
Same here, Lite-On.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 12:15:10 AM by bbfi »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 01:15:21 AM »
4u1e wrote:
I have to confess to LCARS, I suspect I'm showing my age but I think it's really cool!
Completely impractical of course, it takes up half my screen, but a fantastic job.
Matt

I wouldn't say impractical... why ? My Corel Draw, my Photoshop, my SoundTracker, Fruity Loops, ReBirth etc... all of them takes up whole screen, not half of screen like my LCARS skin, and I really can't say that they are impractical. If I do something with those programs, I like to see them on my screen. BTW, try to set your screen Resolution little bit higher. On my 1024x768 rezolution LCARS takes up only around 1/4 of the screen, not half.

I must confess... I like them all... I spent so much time doing those skins (the ones made by me, of course), that there is no chance that I can hate one of those skins... I like'em all and that's it...  ;D

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 01:25:56 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

shgoh

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 01:20:57 AM »
I must confess... I like them all... I spent so much time doing those skins (the ones made by me, of course), that there is no chance that I can hate one of those skins... I like'em all and that's it...  ;D

Cheers!

of course you do!!... ;D

any news or inspiration for a new piece of artwork recently?... ;)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »
No, nothing new so far... I sent my latest skin "TERMINAL-0010" to Vlk like one and a half month ago, and still no response from him or anybody else... I sent them 3 or 4 e-mails, still nothing... so I don't know if they like my skins any more...

I mean, why bothering to make new skins, I spend so much time and everything, if they don't want to publish them ? No point...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 01:29:39 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

shgoh

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 01:39:32 AM »
No, nothing new so far... I sent my latest skin "TERMINAL-0010" to Vlk like one and a half month ago, and still no response from him or anybody else... I sent them 3 or 4 e-mails, still nothing... so I don't know if they like my skins any more...

i have downloaded it... ;D

I mean, why bothering to make new skins, I spend so much time and everything, if they don't want to publish them ? No point...

Cheers !

maybe they just to busy with the new version... ;)

4u1e

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 07:52:19 AM »
4u1e wrote:
Matt

BTW, try to set your screen Resolution little bit higher. On my 1024x768 rezolution LCARS takes up only around 1/4 of the screen, not half.

No criticism of your skin intended - it was more a comment on the feebleness of my system (win95, tiny monitor etc etc). The resolution is already cranked up about as high as it will sensibly go. One day I'll buy a proper computer(upon which Avast will certainly be installed), but in the meantime it's amzing what you can do with bits and pieces of hardware you come across and the excellent range of free software out there.
 ;D

Keep up the good work Craftec!

Matt

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 12:29:19 PM »
Hi Sasha,

Don't worry, we like your skins very much  ;D !
We are just *very* busy working on the remote network management for avast!

BTW: your latest skin is already there  ;) :D !!

Thank you for your work!

Pavel

Outsider

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 08:02:39 PM »
Me, myself and I we like the Corporate skin a lot.  Probable because there is three of us.  

Boy am I glad there's a long weekend coming up.

Culpeper

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2004, 09:32:39 PM »
Pirate

CoJo

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2004, 09:34:32 PM »
Me, myself and I we like the Corporate skin a lot.  Probable because there is three of us.  

Boy am I glad there's a long weekend coming up.

;D
and I am in the midst of my long weekend! YES!!
I like all the skins...

cojo

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 10:58:08 PM »
"G5" is my fav. skin. small compact and MOST IMPORTANTLY MACINTOSH  :)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 12:12:21 AM »
Hahaha, I love you guys... I just love you so much that I can't explain with just words...

4u1e wrote:
No criticism of your skin intended - it was more a comment on the feebleness of my system (win95, tiny monitor etc etc). The resolution is already cranked up about as high as it will sensibly go. One day I'll buy a proper computer(upon which Avast will certainly be installed)...

No problem my friend, I know what you meant. And don't be affraid to send me some comments, constructive criticism is always welcome... it will force me to make my skins even better (I hope). I also hope, that you will find better hardware (better resolution monitor) for you in the nearest future.

Pavel wrote:
Don't worry, we like your skins very much   !
We are just *very* busy working on the remote network management for avast!
BTW: your latest skin is already there    !!
Thank you for your work!

No problem Pavel, I know that you guys are very, very busy, I really understand what great and demanding job is involved in producing such a wonderful product as avast! is... I just was sad, 'cause I though that maybe Vlk is upset with me... So long time, no mails, no replies to my posts, questions, and it used to be on regular basis. No problem, I just have to be little more patient I believe...

Pavel, keep up good vibes my friend !

Outsider wrote:

Hehe, good, goooooood one...

Culpeper, CoJo, MacLover2000... you see guys ? Something for everyone in my little avast! skin shop.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 12:14:10 AM by S.Z.Craftec »