Author Topic: Silently delete incoming mail viruses?  (Read 5939 times)

guivho

Silently delete incoming mail viruses?
« on: April 08, 2004, 05:32:02 PM »
I've looked carefully at the 'Understanding the avast4 ini file' thread but didn't find an answer. I would like to have incoming mail viruses to be deleted silently. I don't even need to know about it. Just have them deleted and I'll see from the message header that there was a problem. Right now, I have to click the delete action, and click to confirm it. The virus email is then reported once more, requiring another two clicks. I always delete viruses. There must be a way to tell avast to just go ahead and get rid of them, I hope.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Silently delete incoming mail viruses?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 05:45:25 PM »
Buy a Pro version where you can set simple scripts on what to do with virus,including instant delete of infected file/mail.
Home Edition has Silent Mode,but its only limited to moving file into Chest.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

patis

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 10:54:47 AM »

Home Edition has Silent Mode,but its only limited to moving file into Chest.

Where that can be activated?

guivho

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 12:07:06 PM »
LeftClick on the little 'a' icon in the tray, or rightclick on it, and select the default 'On-Access Protection Control' entry.

Select the 'Details' view by clicking the 'Details...>>' button (unless you already see the details view, which has a '<< Less detail...' button')

On the details view, select the 'Internet Mail' icon in the toolbar at the left. Then select the 'Customize' button.

You'll find the 'Silent mode' on the 'Advanced' tab.

HTH

patis

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 06:20:56 PM »
LeftClick on the little 'a' icon in the tray, or rightclick on it, and select the default 'On-Access Protection Control' entry.

Select the 'Details' view by clicking the 'Details...>>' button (unless you already see the details view, which has a '<< Less detail...' button')

On the details view, select the 'Internet Mail' icon in the toolbar at the left. Then select the 'Customize' button.

You'll find the 'Silent mode' on the 'Advanced' tab.

HTH

Doesn't work.  (at least with general answer yes, have to wait for another virus to arrive to see what happens on general answer no)
avast! Antivirus: Inbound message INFECTED:
\product.doc.scr (Win32:Netsky-B [Wrm]) was (BEWARE!!!) left intact in the message., \product.zip (Win32:Netsky-B [Wrm]) was (BEWARE!!!) left intact in the message.
was left intact, not moved to the chest.

I had that working earlier but yesterday I made a fresh windows install and downloaded and installed newest version of avast and I just can't get it to move silently viruses to chest anymore.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 06:46:23 PM »
Use general answer NO. This will remove ifected file/virus from email and put it into Chest.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

patis

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 07:33:50 PM »
Use general answer NO. This will remove ifected file/virus from email and put it into Chest.

Got it (as a next netsky-b arrived)  :)

Though the  it could say more clearly in the program that NO means move automatically to the chest.

Well everything works again and I'm happy.