Author Topic: Shutting off notices  (Read 2982 times)

zcorker

Shutting off notices
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:29:25 AM »
When I open up MS Outlook, I get a popup indicating Avast has checked it.  This appears to slow the process of opening and using the program.  How do I shut off this notice?

Also, while opening up a program after repairing Win XP, I got prompted to use or install a Microsoft Installer.  I ended up blocking that Installer with Avast, but would like to unblock it.  How do I do this?  Blocking the installer doesn't appear to affect program operation.

???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Shutting off notices
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »
The best way would have been not to have enabled them as they are disabled by default, if what you are describing is what I think it is.

Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced - 'Show detailed info on performed actions' this option is off by default, so it would appear you have been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have.
This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.

avast isn't a blocker it scans and alerts to infection, so are you saying an application installer is reported as infected ?

Can you explain in more detail how you blocked it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
When I open up MS Outlook, I get a popup indicating Avast has checked it.  This appears to slow the process of opening and using the program.  How do I shut off this notice?
The splash screen? I don't think it delays the plugin loading process that much.
But there is an option into the Outlook plugin settings to disable the splash screen.

Also, while opening up a program after repairing Win XP, I got prompted to use or install a Microsoft Installer.  I ended up blocking that Installer with Avast, but would like to unblock it.  How do I do this?  Blocking the installer doesn't appear to affect program operation.
Did you change Standard Shield settings? Blocker behavior?
avast does not "block", just scan (and, block the infected ones).
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:54:30 PM »
The splash screen doesn't slow down the loading of Outlook in any way.