Author Topic: Auto action  (Read 4009 times)

500dan500

Auto action
« on: August 16, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there anyway to set avast! to automatically take action on a file? i.e: I go out for the day, leave avast! scanning within Windows and when it finds something, it automatically sends it to the chest?

Can I do that in the home ver. or is it limited to the Pro or not at all?

Thanks. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Auto action
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
No, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Well, that's the way it is, I am afraid; you may call it a limitation of the Home Edition of avast!. In the Professional Edition, you can configure the task to perform automatic actions (or, don't do anything).
In the Home version, you may check the "Don't show again" checkbox in the Virus warning dialog - but only after the first virus has been found (because you won't see the virus dialog until then).
The best things in life are free.

500dan500

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »
Cool deal, thanks Tech - makes me want to go pro now.. If I got say a 3yr license would that carry over to avast! 5 (Or the next major one)?

wyrmrider

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »
some set up a harmless detction
start avast
have the hit
check the box- do not show again
go to bed
otherwise Avast stops at the first hit in the middle of the night

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:12:51 PM »
Cool deal, thanks Tech - makes me want to go pro now.. If I got say a 3yr license would that carry over to avast! 5 (Or the next major one)?
Yes. avast major version updates are included into the licensing time ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:35 PM »
have the hit
That's the problem... you can wait a lot to have the hit... the first detection.