Author Topic: Mailscanner!  (Read 2650 times)

cubie

Mailscanner!
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »
Today I received error warnings about the mailscanner in Avast. The errors say the scanner is not functioning and the icon is not in the system tray when reading mail or NewsGroups. I updated the program and still it is not working. What should I do; reboot, reinstall, try to update the program again?  ???

I think that part of the problem here is ZoneAlarm FW in the Internet lock mode and since it is the basic version the pass-lock option is not available. In the program alerts the ASHmaisv.exe and avastsetup.exe were blocked by the lock.  :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Mailscanner!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »
Delete the entries for ashMaiSv.exe and avast.setup in the program control of ZA. Now connect to the internet and try and collect your email, that should prompt ZA to ask permission again, allow it. Do a manual update (right click the avast 'a' icon, select Updating, iAVS Update) ZA will ask again, allow it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cubie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »
Hi David, thanks for your response. I rebooted and that solved the problem. It was a result of the pass-lock on ZA and the lack of a pass-lock option in the later "minor crippled" versions of ZA. The internet lock acts like the total I/O lock. I tried many of your suggestions prior to posting. I do not like to reboot unless I have no other choice because a AS program takes a long time to establish itself on the initial and any reboot.  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »
What "AS program takes a long time to establish itself on the initial and any reboot." ?

What is your operating system ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security