Author Topic: iAVS update  (Read 13350 times)

JS

iAVS update
« on: February 06, 2003, 09:03:37 PM »
 :-[

I have just installed avast!4 home and tested the iAVS update. The update goes ok and says that
   Vps: Already up to date
    (current version 0301-6)
   - iNews: Already up to date

BUT then I found from your Support page that
 last iAVS update: 04/02/2003, ver: 7.70-7206

Why didn't I get the latest version? What went wrong?

Best Regards

JS

Pavel Baudis

Re:iAVS update
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 09:49:40 PM »
04/02/2003, ver: 7.70-7206
Why didn't I get the latest version? What went wrong?
Don't worry - you are up to date  ;)

At first a little bit about our update scheme: we have basic monthly databases and then the updates which are relative to these monthly bases (and also relative upgrades between those monthly databases).

With the older avast! versions the monthly database versions were numbered from 00 till 72 (this month). The number  7.70 is the engine version.

We have changed the scheme a little bit with avast! 4 - the monthly databases are numbered according to the year and month in which they were released - so the latest monthly base is 0301 (Jan 2003). For all avast! versions the latest relative update to this monthly base  is now 6 - which gives the 7206 for avast version 3 and 0301-6 for avast! 4. As you can see, the date is the same in both cases.

We are currently in the progress of changing or web pages - so the info for all versions (and also the info about changes) will be there quite soon!

Pavel

JS

Re:iAVS update
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 10:17:29 PM »
 :)

Thanks, Pavel! I didn't expect to get answers so fast. Good service from you to customers not paying anything to your company. Great!

JS