Author Topic: Need to make avast! wait a minute before start when loggin in  (Read 2416 times)

martosurf

Need to make avast! wait a minute before start when loggin in
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »
Hi!

1. I remember see a thread where DavidR kindly explains the command needed to add to avast4.ini to make it wait xx time before launch at logon but now I can't find it  ???   can you help!?

2. I would like to know too the command I need to add to same avast4.ini file to tell avast! scan non-traditional web browsers like OperaUSB and Portable Firefox; I remember it's needed to add a line in the [WebScanner] section but don't really remember which command it is so I will happy if you can help on this one too!

Tnx

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Need to make avast! wait a minute before start when loggin in
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »
It isn't wait before launching avast, but checking for updates, if that is what you mean ?

There isn't a wait xx time before launch at logon function/option.

Have you checked to see if these browsers are actually not supported, e.g. browse with them and see if the web shield is actually scanning content ?

If it isn't then it is OptinProcess=executablefilename.exe,executablefilename2.exe, etc.
[WebScanner]
OptinProcess=executableFileName.exe
I believe the Case is crucial in the OptinProcess name, additional processes being separated by a comma.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

martosurf

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:49:09 AM »
Hi David, you're right on both, tnx again for helping

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 04:04:48 AM »
1. I remember see a thread where DavidR kindly explains the command needed to add to avast4.ini to make it wait xx time before launch at logon but now I can't find it  ???   can you help!?
You can 'delay' avast services to load on boot (after the system ones) on the Troubleshooting tab of settings.

2. I would like to know too the command I need to add to same avast4.ini file to tell avast! scan non-traditional web browsers like OperaUSB and Portable Firefox; I remember it's needed to add a line in the [WebScanner] section but don't really remember which command it is so I will happy if you can help on this one too!
You need to add the name of the process (not the executable, if they were different).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Hi David, you're right on both, tnx again for helping

You're welcome.

However, is the startup delay you spoke of what I asked in my question, e.g. is it delaying the updates or something else ?

If we know exactly what it is then we may be able to help, especially as you say I had previously supplied the information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security