Author Topic: Avast Home & BullGuard V8 antispam  (Read 2652 times)

divemaster

Avast Home & BullGuard V8 antispam
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »
i need a anti spam application and so i had try the bullguard (freeware).
the problem is that avast block the communication then:

Konto: 'RENAME.COM', Server: 'mail5.RENAME.com', Protokoll: POP3, Serverantwort: '-ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:20, processes:svchost.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): Nein, Serverfehler: 0x800CCC90, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC90

i use windows vista business with sp1 and windows mail and all update.
windows firewall is off.

i had try it on a other computer. also avast but with ms office2007 outlook and exchange server and this is running well.

any ideas ?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Home & BullGuard V8 antispam
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »
This is the collision that is the issue, processes:svchost.exe[20] so something is using svchost.exe, for something which I find strange as it would normally be an application using the connections and not svchost.exe (a system file, depending on its location)

Please do a search for svchost.exe and report the locations it is found in e.g. (C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe) ?

Does Bullguard monitor your email ?
If so this could be the issue, though I would have to question the svchost.exe connections, try disabling the bullguard email monitoring and see if that helps.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security