Author Topic: AVIRA ACTIVE GUARD WOES AND AVAST RESIDENT SHIELD  (Read 4684 times)

gdiloren

AVIRA ACTIVE GUARD WOES AND AVAST RESIDENT SHIELD
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:17 AM »
I have AVIRA Personal Edition on my old XP pc I almost never use but keep update and AVAST HOME EDITION on my brand new PC with Vista. I tried to run the SpySweeper setup tonight on my XP computer with AVIRA and I had to press the PANIC button. It freezed because AVIRA GUARD was detecting the ASK BAR of the setup as virus. I couldn't tell her to"ignore" as GUARD would always come on to ask me for action. The computer freezed. This is a FP.  I had to put guard off, do the installation, then turn it on again. With AVAST RESIDENT PROTECTION, computers don't freeze, IGNORE ACTION is memorized and you don't have to shut Resident Protection OFF as this may well be dangerous. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVIRA ACTIVE GUARD WOES AND AVAST RESIDENT SHIELD
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
eh eh... Avira has bad days too... (related to ignore action).
But, Ask bar is considered spyware, avast could detect it and did in the past (if I'm not wrong). This could be not good to avast (related to detection rate).
The best things in life are free.

gdiloren

Re: AVIRA ACTIVE GUARD WOES AND AVAST RESIDENT SHIELD
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\xx\Local Settings\Temp\is-4GP72.tmp\askBarSetup.exe'
contained a virus or unwanted program 'APPL/AdInstaller.E' [program]
Action(s) taken:
The file was deleted!
 and
The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\xx\Local Settings\Temp\is-1U2MU.tmp\askBarSetup.exe'
contained a virus or unwanted program 'APPL/AdInstaller.E' [program]
Action(s) taken:
The file was moved to '4918a3ae.qua'!
Here again I forgot (or is it too complicated when you get warnings like that from AVIRA to mail the zip file to virus@avast.com. But they can try using the setup of SpySweeper, I think it's related! :)But this should be a FP to me! >:(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:46:42 AM by gdiloren »