Author Topic: Can't move virus into chest nor delete it- What shall I do?  (Read 8608 times)

Offline claudia66

Can't move virus into chest nor delete it- What shall I do?
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
Hi there
My Avast scanned an external disk-drive and found 4 viruses on it.
Unfortunately I can't to anything with these files. The only thing I can do is to copy the file to the chest.
But this will not resolve my virus-problem...

Can somebody help?

Thanks a lot  :-*

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Can't move virus into chest nor delete it- What shall I do?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
Hi there
My Avast scanned an external disk-drive and found 4 viruses on it.
Unfortunately I can't to anything with these files. The only thing I can do is to copy the file to the chest.
But this will not resolve my virus-problem...

Can somebody help?

Thanks a lot  :-*

Many malware pieces come in the form of (executable)archives. Well, it's possible to read such archive, but usually, it's not possible to manipulate/modify its contents.

Such inner infection (= infected contents of some archive) is shown in italic in the list, with the super-archive above (the first non-italic line above, with icon on the left). In such cases, it's necessary to get rid of the whole archive, thus just click on that super-archive and try the "delete" function here. This should work always.

OR, the last-hope action is to click on the file, checking its path (will be shown above), and deleting it manually from terminal utility...

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Offline claudia66

Re: Can't move virus into chest nor delete it- What shall I do?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »
Thanks, this should help, I will try. ;D

Best regards
Claudia66