Author Topic: password problem  (Read 3772 times)

lesridd

password problem
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:50:57 AM »
 :-[ having a problem with my password in avast..somehow the password I put in does not work any-more...I found this out when I noticed the e-mail feature was not working.

I figured  out how to re-set the email feature back up  going another route.

I was without protection on email for 2 days and bothers me how password was changed and email protection got removed.

I have run several scans since ..and nothing shows wrong,  but once email is downloaded...does avast check them ?

win xp, avast 4 home (auto updated), Zone Alarm pro, Ad-aware 6, spybot, Pest-Patrol

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:password problem
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:05:24 AM »
:-[ having a problem with my password in avast..somehow the password I put in does not work any-more...I found this out when I noticed the e-mail feature was not working.

I figured  out how to re-set the email feature back up  going another route.

I was without protection on email for 2 days and bothers me how password was changed and email protection got removed.

I have run several scans since ..and nothing shows wrong,  but once email is downloaded...does avast check them ?

win xp, avast 4 home (auto updated), Zone Alarm pro, Ad-aware 6, spybot, Pest-Patrol

Are your system time/date correct? (especially the year)
What's happening with your system? You have a problem with the Registration key (and not the password, I suppose, as password is only present in the Professional version).

If you do not have the Internet Mail provider running it won't be easy to configurate avast to scan emails (specially the ones without attachments). For security, you can use just webmail these days and do not open any attached file that you are not sure that is clean.
The best things in life are free.