Author Topic: bundlekillah.exe  (Read 13534 times)

morpheuz

Re:bundlekillah.exe
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 04:07:09 PM »
hi,

jview version is

morph

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 04:19:07 PM »
Hm, thats up to date. Made the other windowsupdates too? That should protect you from getting hit by CWS.

BTW: Which CWS variant did CWshredder report?
MfG Ralf

morpheuz

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 04:38:31 PM »
hi,

updates windows .....yes
can't find any log from cwshredder anymore ....
or where should i look ?

morph

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2004, 04:40:52 PM »
Hm, if i remember correctly, CWshredder does not save its log!? If you get infected again( i do not hope so, but if),  please write down the Name.
MfG Ralf

Luv2Fly145s

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 05:03:48 PM »
I had that "bundlekillah.exe" file and it also tried to hijack Windows Media Player.

Some people on another forum told me how to clean it:  http://www.computercops.biz/postlite30230-bundlekillah+exe.html

I erased the file, reinstalled Windows Media Player, and made sure the registry references to bundlekillah.exe were also removed.  It would regenerate itself if you merely deleted it.

I e-mailed three virus scanner websites, but none of them had heard of it at that point, but they all wanted a copy of the file, so if you or anyone else gets it, please e-mail them a copy of it if you get the chance.

sarz13

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 08:35:28 AM »
this is one F'ed up virus/hijack/worm.  I have the file. I have tryed sending it to symantec but for some reason I can't. The quarintine send does not work anymore??? I need someone else to do it. .   I changed the extension of the bundlekillah.exe to txt so it was safe to transport.  It does a lot of weird stuff after you tell it to go away.  I deleted the file, deleted all the registry entries, and reinstalled wmp.  Now a week later I belive it has hijacked my browser once again but this time to search.cc whenever I try to download an exe, or zip file. I also but may be halucinating belive it added exclusions to norton antivirus.  Also media player stopped working again.  This thing is a headache, I wish I knew how I got it cuz I got it on a partiton that has no email setup and that is rarely used to surf the net. Someone please analize this stupid file and let me know what I'm up against. Sincerely, Brandon Sarzynski

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 12:34:51 PM »
'That bundlekllah thing is "only" Adware/Spyware, to avoid getting infected by this kind of Malware, you have to update your Windows often( once a month) and do not use The IE browser. Try Mozilla or Opera instead. To get rid of the hijsacker you also may try cwshredder: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

and read this article: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html

search.cc is a coolwebsearch domain.
MfG Ralf