Author Topic: Suggesstions for next version  (Read 3465 times)

_macco

Suggesstions for next version
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »
I know there's a "next version" thread already, but a new one should be started since that one is too big, and most of it isn't relevant with version 4.8.

I love the product, but the 2 top suggestions I have are:

1. Show the virus database version and date updated when hovering over the system tray icon.

2. I've turned off the sound for when the database is updated, but the program still uses the "default beep" sound which is annoying.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Suggesstions for next version
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »
Well that makes two other topics besides the correct one.

Now if everyone does this there will be no collation of suggestions, no hope of those who would go looking at that topic with a view to inclusion (like Alwil software) in the next version. As flawed as the correct topic is that is the best and easiest way for Alwil software IMHO as just another avast user.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
2. I've turned off the sound for when the database is updated, but the program still uses the "default beep" sound which is annoying.
Isn't this due to the 'balloon' system sound? ???
The best things in life are free.

ardvark

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »
Hi Macco...

Welcome to the forum, anyway. :)

Best Regards...

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »

Do you have XP OS?
By "default beep", do you mean a beep from the internal PC speaker?

This is not normal. I have only seen something similar on a machine where the sound card drivers had been disabled and system event sounds were diverted to the internal speaker. I guessed it must have been something to do with the design of that particular mainboard and I stopped it by disabling "beep" in "Device Manager".
Control Panel (Classic View) > System > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices > Non Plug and Play > Beep > Disable. Reboot.

There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25