Author Topic: Need Help Activating Avast Antivirus  (Read 5696 times)

looknrnd

Need Help Activating Avast Antivirus
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:48:23 AM »
Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with someone if I am having trouble getting Avast to accept my activation license? Neither the free activation code would work nor the new one I just received in my email after purchasing the upgrade. It keeps saying invalid license. Thank you.

PotatoMan

Re: Need Help Activating Avast Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »
Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with someone if I am having trouble getting Avast to accept my activation license? Neither the free activation code would work nor the new one I just received in my email after purchasing the upgrade. It keeps saying invalid license. Thank you.

Hmm, this is quite awkward. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling and using the avast! uninstaller tool? Re-register and see if that license key works.

gdiloren

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:23:32 AM »
Highlight your activation licence code in your email and right-click on it. Click copy. Then paste it where it belongs. That's the only way...! 8)

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »

Check that you copy'n'paste the whole key, and also that you don't get an space last in the key

"W123456781234567890" <--- Correct

"W123456781234567890 " <--- Wrong
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
Go to the SSL page version and register from there: https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG

See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html

Is your system date/time correct?
Do you use copy & paste method?
Are you sure you do not include the 'last blank space' in the paragraph while copying & pasting?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:48:25 PM »

If you have paid for the Pro license, where did you buy it ?

What are the full errors displayed when entering the license key ?

You could contact sales@avast.com.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security