Author Topic: Avast!: The process cannot access the file ...  (Read 25758 times)

katarina

Re: Avast!: The process cannot access the file ...
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »
There is also a useful tool on the forums in the Forum Theme I use, Babylon and that is 'Show new replies to your posts.' So any replies to topics that you either start or contribute to would be listed when you click the link.

I don't know if it is as readily accessible in the other forum themes, available through the Profile button, Look and Layout Preferences, Current Theme: So another hidden gem ;D

I now think that the lack of email notifications is related to this statement in one of the email notices:

"More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic."

Sometimes, I actually remember to "log out" of the Avast! forums instead of staying logged in "forever."  If I view the responses without logging back in, the notifications cease.  My mistake.  :(

I did look for the forum themes, but could not find them.  Perhaps because I am using the Home version?  That made no sense ... how could my version of Avast! have anything to do with the way the forums operate?  I think I need caffeine!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 04:03:32 PM by katarina »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
I did look for the forum themes, but could not find them.  Perhaps because I am using the Home version?
No, these things aren't related each other...
Go to the forum profile, Look and Layout Preferences, Current Theme, Change.
The best things in life are free.

katarina

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 04:07:32 PM »
Go to the forum profile, Look and Layout Preferences, Current Theme, Change.

A picture may be worth a thousand words here. I'm still not seeing it when I go to my Profile settings.

Edit:  However, I do see now that the following is viewable on my screen even if I can't find the "Look and Layout Preferences."  I just never paid attention to it before.  It's amazing what you can overlook when your eyes focus only on the familiar.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 04:11:37 PM by katarina »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
A picture may be worth a thousand words here. I'm still not seeing it when I go to my Profile settings.

I can't find the "Look and Layout Preferences."

katarina

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
Thank you Tech ... now I "see" ... but not really.   ;)

This must be another new member limitation.

The only option I have under "Modify Profile" is "Account Related Settings."  At least now I can give up on the caffeine.   ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »
The only option I have under "Modify Profile" is "Account Related Settings."  At least now I can give up on the caffeine.   ;D
Maybe the limitation is due to your 18 posts... maybe at 20 you can get it...