Author Topic: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.015.000  (Read 2653 times)

don67

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.015.000
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »
    * Security improvements:
          o Many Firewall/OSFirewall improvements stop more attacks, pass leak tests
          o Enhanced self-protection. More hardening and other self-protection added to withstand an onslaught of attacks ("stability under fire")
          o Early boot protection - new icon with a special tooltip now appears sooner during start-up (though security is active even before the icon shows).
          o Enhanced: Root-kit protection within OSFirewall blocks more threats
          o New daily credit monitoring - monitors your credit reports daily with email alerts and reports; notifies you if there have been changes because these are often an indication of identity theft.
          o Newly updated Identity Protection Center makes it easier for you to protect your identity in the physical world too.
          o Various antivirus and anti-spyware improvements.
    * Performance improvements:
          o Anti-virus: Scan modes added so you only scan what you need, increasing scan speed by 50% while still providing superior protection
          o Improved reboot time, login time, session start, UI loading, various other performance improvements throughout the product.
    * Ease-of-use improvements:
          o New User Interface
          o One-click Fix-it button lets you fix issues instantly
          o Improvements in Smart Defense: Millions of applications have security access automatically pre-set so the user doesn’t have to set them

did anyone tried this new version from zonealarm?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.015.000
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:41:34 PM »
I would doubt it as many on the forums aren't too keen on suites.

The other point is since it is a suite then it will have a resident anti-virus and this would/could conflict with avast, being a resident AV. So you would have to do a custom install of ZA ISS and ensure the anti-virus module wasn't installed. If that can't happen because it is integrated then it would be a bad idea to install it at all.

Not to mention this will be a paid for option so those using the ZA Free version won't take it up (I believe).

I'm not to impressed with the current ZA firewall free or pro and it doesn't do well in Matousec firewall tests. See http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php. So I personally would wait until it gets some time under its belt and see how it does in these sorts of firewall tests.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

onlysomeone

Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.015.000
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »
does ZA already support Vista 64 bit?

i didn't use it quiet for a long time and really do not miss it  :)