Author Topic: Avast 4.8 with Vista64 sp1 and realtek HD audio = no avast sounds!! All other ok  (Read 2335 times)

bowhunter

I can set the realtek hd audio to 2 channel stereo and then the sounds will work but if I try to set realtek to 5.1 stereo, I can hear all the windows sounds, all other programs provide sound when necessary, but avast update, virus, etc make no sounds. 

I can go to my vista sounds manager and play all windows default sounds, but when I click on the avast entries, there is no sound.  I can even go to the actual sound file *.wav and it will open and play when clicked on. 

Seems the avast entries placed into vista are not set up correctly to play anything but 2 channel sound.  Since the avast sounds are hear in 2 channel mode and not 5.1, but when played as a wav file, they work.....avast must be setting up entries to play in windows sound only in 2 ch mode. 

I really don't don't want to un-install avast and do it again.....(once I do this, avast has good chance of either crapping my os or making my connections very slow)

I looked in the registry file for some avast sound link but could not find it.  That is the approach I want to take....just direct avast sounds to play correctly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:06:58 PM by bowhunter »

bowhunter

bump!

Nothing...no help...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Just to say that we (users) are reading this... but, I use Vista 32bits and I'm not an expert on hardware issues... Hope you get help soon from the programmers.
The best things in life are free.