Author Topic: Does Avast make this happen?  (Read 3726 times)

robertino

Does Avast make this happen?
« on: August 30, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
I have Avast 4.8 professional installed on a Acer Aspire 8920G laptop running on VISTA and had Disabled the user account security in Vista.. Had no problems for a week or so but NOW I do.

I CANNOT access many websites, it idles forever sometimes the page opens most times it goes into an error as below.

Not sure where the problem is I can access many sites but even to post in this forum took me 30 minutes and tried many times because mostly i am getting this error:
"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time."

For assistance, contact your network support team. ...end of error

Please advise. Thank you.

robertino

Re: Does Avast make this happen?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:42 AM »
Can someone help? I spent another 20 minutes to post here again.
Is this related with Avast? I checked and have no virus.

Why on most websites pages open instantly while on others including this one
I get above error, page idles for a long time before either goes into error or finally opens?

Thank you!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:28:27 AM »
Maybe you're infected... I suggest:

1. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
2. Clean your temporary files.
3. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
4. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
5. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
6. Make a HijackThis log to post here or, better, submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster or Windows Advanced Care.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »
I can't see it being related to avast as it wouldn't be intermittent either they would all work or all not.

Though there isn't much information to work with.

What is your firewall ?
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Obviously I don't see any slow loading on this forum and I'm on dial-up.

Is there anything on your ISP's support pages about the system status ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security