Author Topic: Can't uninstall/re-install Avast! Antivirus, tried everything! [HELP]  (Read 16021 times)

redman

Re: Can't uninstall/re-install Avast! Antivirus, tried everything! [HELP]
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »
You could try using Total Uninstall 4 from www.martau.com. It has managed to successfully uninstall failed uninstalls for me on several occasions. If you decide to try it, you will need to use the installed applications module, not the monitored applications module (see screenshot).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »
my avast was not taking updates-automatically and manually. i tried to uninstall it but could not. then i looked for solutions and used aswUpdSv.exe for successful uninstallation. but then when i again tried to download it and install it is showing error. Plz help me to install it
It would be better start a new thread only for your specific problem.
The best things in life are free.

Zoro2435

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »
Try downloading Revo uninstaller. Then use that instead of going thru control pane.

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 09:27:11 AM »
@ Zoro2435,

Try downloading Revo uninstaller. Then use that instead of going thru control pane.
I'm sorry, but that is not the correct way to uninstall Avast per the vendor's instructions.  Avast does NOT recommend a third-party uninstaller, nor do many security programs, and this is how many people mess up their uninstallations and remnants are left behind.

The correct way to uninstall Avast is:

- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all Avast products).
- Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
- Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
- If the above fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.
- Reboot.