Author Topic: Extending a Linux partition  (Read 2459 times)

Faizfast6

Extending a Linux partition
« on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
Is there a way to extend a Linux partition. I reserved 5GB and ended up having 1.7GB of usable space in Ubuntu,

Rafel

Re: Extending a Linux partition
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:48:29 PM »
Did you try to install GParted and try with it??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »
Take care... extending ext3 partitions could mess your Linux boot and loose data.
I've tested more than once, maybe I've done something wrong (as usual ;D) but I've lost the partition.
Maybe consider removing the partition and installing Ubuntu again... who knows...
The best things in life are free.

Faizfast6

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »
I should clean my XP so I can add more to Ubuntu.

Unrelated problem:
I booted in Ubuntu and I can't access the internet even when the network icon shows it's connected. But I can access the internet with XP.

And my Ubuntu is a Wubi install so it's not on a separate partition but in my XP. I'll think I'll uninstall and re-install it but I have no time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:54:42 PM by Faizfast6 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
booted in Ubuntu and I can't access the internet even when the network icon shows it's connected. But I can access the internet with XP.
Are you wireless connected? Did you add the netword password?

And my Ubuntu is a Wubi install so it's not on a separate partition but in my XP. I'll think I'll uninstall and re-install it but I have no time.
Well, I don't know if Wubi allows partition resizing, but, for sure, there is nothing related to physical partition resize as you've seem to post before...
The best things in life are free.