Author Topic: About avast reads Home edition  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: About avast reads Home edition
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 12:11:09 AM »
Though with the Pro version you should stick with the Enhanced User Interface, much better.
The Enhanced is the only way to get access to the Pro features. But I don't think it's better, I love the skins, always like them.

How do I turn on the SUI?
Starting avast (ashavast.exe) or by the icon on system tray will open: a) or the Enhanced or b) the Simple... you choose and avast kept the last chosen option.
To run it directly, run ashSimpl.exe ;)
The best things in life are free.

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 04:13:50 AM »
I don't see an option/switch using the  "icon on system tray ... will open: a) or the Enhanced or b) the Simple... ." The Avast window comes up that says it's checking the memory and when it's done it opens the AEUI.

However, I did click on ashSimpl.exe and got the SUI.

I'll go with your advice DavidR and use the AEUI so as to have access to the Pro features.

Thanks all,

Kerry

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 04:18:46 AM »
You're welcome, night all, almost 3:20 a.m. here and my bed is calling.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
I don't see an option/switch using the  "icon on system tray ... will open: a) or the Enhanced or b) the Simple... ." The Avast window comes up that says it's checking the memory and when it's done it opens the AEUI.
Precisely: ashavast (the splash screen) is started and then it will call or SUI or EUI, the last one called (i.e., it starts the last option you've run).

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »
Just to be clear. I don't see or get an option to open the SUI. It automatically opens the EUI. The only way I got the SUI was to go into the Programs Files > avast > ashSimpl.exe.

Before renewing it would always automatically open with the SUI. Now that I understand the EUI window supports the Pro version I'm OK with it automatically opening the EUI.

The reason for which I began this post still exists, Tool Tray > Globe > About avast > still reads home version. From what I understand this is an avast error that hasn't been fixed yet.

Whew!

Kerry

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »
Just to be clear. I don't see or get an option to open the SUI. It automatically opens the EUI. The only way I got the SUI was to go into the Programs Files > avast > ashSimpl.exe.
No. There is a menu under View... and there is an icon on the toolbar (the S of simple).

After you choose this, next time, avast will open the SUI and not the EUI.