Author Topic: firewall??  (Read 4270 times)

rita

firewall??
« on: June 11, 2004, 02:18:26 PM »
Hi!!
i got sick of norton and decided to give a chance to avast! but i have a question..
Does it works as a firewall? or i have to get another program for that?

whocares

Re:firewall??
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 02:23:50 PM »
Hi,

- avast is an AntiVirus, and does not include a firewall

- if you configure your WIN properly and use some common sense when in the Internet, you don't need a firewall, but if you want to:

Kerio, Sygate, Outpost & Zonealarm are often recommended here in the board..
Please use above SEARCH

;)

rita

Re:firewall??
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 02:26:03 PM »
thanks!!
I'll use one of those :)

AvastAVRules

Re: firewall??
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:07 PM »
Does anyone know if Avast will be developing a firewall? Avast AntiVirus is by far the best and easiest to use anti-virus I've ever used. Windows Vista does not work with a lot of the various anti type software. I've tried most over the past couple weeks only to end up doing an uninstall or abort due to errors. Avast was the first and ONLY A/V that went smoothly without any problems or errors.

As to firewalls I've only had luck with Comodo but, don't particularly like it as it goes through all of the rigamarole that one goes through with arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Norton. I've used ZoneAlarm for years with other Windows but, it won't download with Vista. Apparently Norton has some stuff that Dell has it installed on their computers, even though you have to activate it $$$$$$$ which I won't, since I've had very bad experiences with them in the past and refuse to ever use them again). So since Avast works so great and downloads beautifully it would be nice if Avast came out with a firewall or at the very least worked with one of the firewall companies so their firewall would work in conjunction with Avast and Windows Vista.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »
The best things in life are free.

onlysomeone

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »
Oh, Tech was faster than me  :)

Does anyone know if Avast will be developing a firewall?

Summarizing we can say that a Firewall is actually in development. Unfortunately we don't get many information about it from the Avast!-Team  :(
The release is not expected to be in 2008.

yours
onlysomeone

AvastAVRules

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »
Thanks Tech & Onlysomeone. I anxiously await the Avast Firewall. Until it comes out I'll either keep using Windows Defender or re-download Comodo since it worked best of all of the others on Vista. In fact it was the only one I was able to get a complete download with. But, I'll switch to Avast as soon as they come out with it. Again, thanks for the update.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 01:30:41 AM »
Thanks Tech & Onlysomeone.
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.