Author Topic: multiple e-mail  (Read 4642 times)

vtrasikis

multiple e-mail
« on: April 11, 2004, 02:30:45 PM »
I have tried to setup AVAST HOME edition for multiple e-mail accounts, but it does not seem to work!   I am using Netscape 7.1.

shgoh

Re:multiple e-mail
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 05:56:33 PM »
it definitely works on mulitple accounts... ;)

did you set up manually or through the mail wizard?

techie101

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 07:11:08 PM »
vtra,

As far as I know, Avast should work with Netscape being that Netscape (basically now AOL) still uses Pop and SMTP protocols.

Try the Mail Protection Wizard as Shgoh suggested or go into the Avast Help file.  If you open up the Avast AV screen and click the button in the upper left corner, the Setup page will open.  Find Help and then search for Manual Configuration.  It is really easy.

Techie

vtrasikis

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 09:38:39 PM »
I printed the instructions and followed them, but I am unable to send or receive mail when I made those changes.   I am using netscape 7.1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:28:19 AM »
I printed the instructions and followed them, but I am unable to send or receive mail when I made those changes.   I am using netscape 7.1

Can you post here your email accounts details?
pop3/smtp server = 127.0.0.1
username = YourUserName#YourPop3ServerAddress
smtp authentication = on
username = #YourSmtpServerAddress

avast does work with multiplies email accounts  ;)
The best things in life are free.

vtrasikis

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:38:04 AM »
one of my e-mail address is vtrasiki@sprynet.com, which is my main e-mail source.    Now how would I add the other ones that I have????

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 03:50:58 AM »
one of my e-mail address is vtrasiki@sprynet.com, which is my main e-mail source.    Now how would I add the other ones that I have????

Just run the Mail Protection Wizard from the Start menu > avast antivirus
You can configure as many email accounts as you want and better, automatically.
You can choose to protect 'all the email accounts that you create in the future'.

Note: do not mess these multiple email accounts with your 'default pop3/smtp server' which is used, for instance, to send virus files (infected) to Alwil for analisys.
The best things in life are free.

vtrasikis

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 03:31:05 PM »
I have run it.   But it only asks for a default.   What if the other e-mail account has a different server name???

shgoh

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 03:33:28 PM »
what technical means is the default server asked by the mail wizard is for sending files to alwil...

all multiple accounts should be detected by the mail wizard...and you just have to tick them all... ;)